Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter applied in linked rvt model

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
mairh_tsek
517 Views, 9 Replies

Filter applied in linked rvt model

Hello all, 

In a Revit project 'A' , I created a YES/NO Shared parameter that I used in a filter in order to control the presentation of some elements. 

I want to link this project in another one , and change the color of these elements. So I added the same YES/NO Shared parameter in the project and I created a new filter. But the colors in the linked model don't change..

Do you have any idea?

Thank you in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
smbrennan
in reply to: mairh_tsek

You should be able to recreate the filter to look at the data exactly the same as you have it set in the linked file. No need to add the parameter data again locally. 

Shawn B.

|   
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 3 of 10
mairh_tsek
in reply to: smbrennan

@smbrennan  ,

Thank you for your answer, 

Could you please explain it more? What do you mean by 'recreate the filter to look at the data ' ? 

Message 4 of 10
smbrennan

Maybe snapshots will help explain the process better.

1) I first identified the specific content in my linked model that I want to create a filter for in my local model's view. (Image #1). Take note of any specific data you can use to create a working filter. 

2) Create your filter with the data you captured in the prior step (Image #2). 

3) Add the search filter to your local view's V/G Overrides (Image #3).

4) View results in your view.

Shawn B.

|   
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 5 of 10
mairh_tsek

I have also some Tags (structural columns Tags, generic model tags etc) and some lines in the linked model that I cannot control with the way that you proposed, as there are not in the categories of the filters .

Why the creation of a filter (using the same shared parameter as in the linked file) doesn't work ? 

Thank you for your time!

Message 6 of 10
smbrennan

The steps I outlined are for changing model categories only. Without Dynamo or custom API applications, I don't believe you can change the color of annotation elements (Tags, Dimensions, text, etc) without modifying the family or type properties to appear as a particular color. 

I don't think I'm understanding parts of your problem. Can you share the names of the parameters that have data you're trying to create filters for? Maybe you can provide a screenshot, or multiple screenshots similar to what I shared with you? 

Alternatively, if you have everything set up in your linked model in a particular view, you could always use your V/G overrides in your local model to modify the link to look directly at a specific view. 

smbrennan_0-1614271825420.png

Shawn B.

|   
Message 7 of 10
barthbradley

@smbrennan wrote:

I don't believe you can change the color of annotation elements (Tags, Dimensions, text, etc) without modifying the family or type properties to appear as a particular color. 

Annotation color can be overridden in the View.  FWIW.  😉

Message 8 of 10
smbrennan

That is true. Personally I avoid that, hence why I forgot to mention it. IMO, if it's always supposed to be "Blue" then make it so in the family. If you need to adapt per instance, then it's too much effort. 

Shawn B.

|   
Message 9 of 10
ToanDN

Why don't you create a view in the linked project A the way you want it to look, then set the Link instance in the host project's view to display By Linked View?
Message 10 of 10
mairh_tsek
in reply to: ToanDN

Hello,

Yes this is what I did. I believed that I would be able to control further the presentation of the elements adding the same shared parameter, that I had used for filters in the first project.

But, I still cannot find if it is possible to change the color of Tags (structural, generic) in the linked file. - Images 1, 2

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators