Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filled Region Not Transparent When Placed on Sheet

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
3788 Views, 8 Replies

Filled Region Not Transparent When Placed on Sheet

Hello all,

I have been trying to figure this out for a few hours now, but I am wondering how to get a filled region to become transparent when printed on a sheet. I have a site plan that I imported as a JPEG. into a drafting view in Revit. I needed to color it, so I added filled regions in the areas where I need color. I made everything transparent so that I could still see the site plan underneath my filled regions. When I place it on a sheet to be printed to a PDF, everything appears as normal. My regions are transparent and I can see my site plan underneath all of my colors (see attached photo). But after I print the PDF, the JPEG. site plan disappears and my filled regions suddenly became solid (see second photo). Is this a PDF writer/printing problem? Or a Revit problem?

Thank you,

Gabe Morrell

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

Can be how it is send to the (PDF) printer. Try to set it, in revit print settings, to raster processing and see if you get the expected result.

Print.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 9
chrisplyler

Problem #1 = jpg disappears

Problem #2 = transparant detail regions become opaque.

Why do you think the regions became opaque? Once the jpg disappears there is nothing to show through the yellow region, so how can you determine it is opaque anyway? The gray region obviously still shows the line passing beneath it.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

Hi Chrisplyler,

I know that it's definitely an opaque issue. If I were to hide one of the filled regions the JPEG. of the site plan shows up in the spot where the filled region is hidden. I have a line drawn over the gray area since I can move that to the front. 

Gabe

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

Enllnt, you get the kudos today! That fixed it perfectly for me! Definitely takes about 5 times longer to write the PDF, but hey! It works for me. Thank you sir!

Gabe
Message 6 of 9
ubaldurban

In my case, the problem was edited Crop Region.

After resetting it to default rectangular shape it works OK!!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ubaldurban

reynier6KCJW_0-1591417031038.png

this is the issue , actually previous drawing i never encounter this.. only now 

right side (sheet)---- Left side (layout).. As you can see On layout ACMV and other walls are transparent but when i transfer to sheet.. all transparent was removed... Question is Why?????

Message 8 of 9
chrisplyler

Layout? What is layout?

Message 9 of 9
ToanDN

Is the view cropped to an odd shape?

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators