Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filled Region Area Parameter

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
MOPAC24
469 Views, 9 Replies

Filled Region Area Parameter

Please can you make the 'Area' dimension reported by the filled region be a parameter that can be scheduled?

I know there are work arounds using shared parameters + dynamo, but that is very clunky.

This would be a very good feature to have!

Thank you!

Labels (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
vitorbortoncello
in reply to: MOPAC24

In this Revit tutorial, we will take the steps necessary to create and display a color scheme for presentation views. We will also bring in a color fill legend to help describe each color pattern used in the presentation plan.
Message 3 of 10
barthbradley

I'm not following. Filled Regions are Annotations. Are you wanting to schedule Annotations?  If so, for what purpose?  The answer to that question will help us to help you. 😉

Message 4 of 10
MOPAC24
in reply to: barthbradley

Essentially I just want to be able to pull the filled region area data out and display it in a table or schedule on a drawing that will automatically change if the filled region is changed.

Does that make sense?

Message 5 of 10
barthbradley

What do the Fill Regions represent? 

Message 6 of 10
MOPAC24

Site coverage calcs...gross site, net site, building coverage, landscaping area...other various areas that we need to show to comply with planning regulations.

Message 7 of 10
barthbradley

Why not use Areas or Property Lines? 

Lot Coverage with Area-Property Schedules.png

..heck, you could use Rooms or Spaces or Zones for that matter.  Areas, Rooms, Spaces and Zones could be assigned Color Schemes, as @vitorbortoncello mentioned, if you want to jazz up your planning with some color.   

Message 8 of 10
ToanDN

@MOPAC24 wrote:

Site coverage calcs...gross site, net site, building coverage, landscaping area...other various areas that we need to show to comply with planning regulations.

Use Area plans and area tags / schedules.  You can create different Area Schemes for different purposes so that are independent from each others.  Area color schemes are a plus.

Message 9 of 10
MOPAC24

Hmmm yeh I could I guess.

I'll have a play and see.

But I still don't know why Revit doesn't let you pull the area data from filled regions!

Message 10 of 10
MOPAC24

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Still a wish list to have filled region areas be a data you can use though!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report