Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files forever corrupting

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
760 Views, 7 Replies

Files forever corrupting

My colleage and I are working in Revit 2016 (build: 16.0.490.0   20150714_1515(x64)) we are working on two laptops (one is a macbook with Bootcamp with windows 10 and ther other one is Windows 7), both our laptops are connected to a NAS through an ethernet cable to our router.

Every other day our files corrupt and need to be manually recovered, or just have the "Software Problem" prompt which prohibits us from synchronizing to our central files... This is happening CONSTANTLY and we have no idea what to do.... We only use blocks that are from the native Revit libraries, or when using a downloaded family we always upgrade and audit them before putting them into the model, and still our files are corrupted and cannot be synchronized.

We have tried cleaning our temp files, over and over again, and we keep having to recover our files or even having to create new central files....

We have NO idea what to do... HELP?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

How often are you both syncing?

Are you both pathing to the central file on the nas the same?  Best path is \\NAS\Project\Central.rvt

But FYI...Autodesk doesn't support Revit hosted on a NAS.  File hosting/access may be different on the NAS vs Windows permissions.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

We are syncing constantly at least ever 30min, or when we get prompted by Revit itself.

We have our central file saved on the NAS and each local file on our local computers.

Our path is: \\192.168.1.127\Volume_1\...project..\central file

^ there is a bit more to this as it is all in folders

Message 4 of 8
L.Maas

Few more things to look at.

-Are you both on same Revit version (same updates installed)

-Is network working good/fast enough?

-Is NAS working good/fast enough (no issues with other programs)?

-Do you have also issues with new (small) projects?

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

-Are you both on same Revit version (same updates installed)

Yes, same.

-Is network working good/fast enough?

No complaints on that

-Is NAS working good/fast enough (no issues with other programs)?

NAS is working perfect... Well the only thing is that each time we connect to the NAS, my colleague has to type in his password

and I do not... don't know why.

-Do you have also issues with new (small) projects?

We haven't started any new projects, but every time the file corrupts we end up having to create a new Central File and eventually that 

new one ends up corrupting.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

How are you creating the central file?  

Have you run an audit on the file?

Also....how many warnings do you have on your central file?  (Manage tab, Inquiry Panel)

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

How are you creating the central file?  

By creating the project first and then saving that as the Central File, off of that we both have created a New Local File

Have you run an audit on the file?

Yes 

Also....how many warnings do you have on your central file?  (Manage tab, Inquiry Panel)

Zero

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

And today I just got the "Software problem" prompt once again.... -_-"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report