Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Won't Tag

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
paul_griggs2XXL4
279 Views, 3 Replies

Family Won't Tag

Afternoon, All,

As per the attached screen recording, I cannot figure out how to tag this family. I have added a type mark into the parameters (within the project, not the family) and yet it won't show this when tagged. It just shows a question mark.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Paul

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Are you sure the Tag is reporting Type Mark? Edit the Tag and see.  

If it is, then I have a hunch you aren't tagging the right family. TAB-Select when placing Tag.  

Message 3 of 4

Hi @paul_griggs2XXL4,

Almost looks like you are tagging something else, it normally highlights before tagging.

Select the tag and then click "Select host", what's tagged?

Also does the tag have the type mark parameter in it's label?

- Michel

Message 4 of 4

Thanks, both. Much appreciated!

@TripleM-Dev.net The tag definitely has the correct host, but I didn't know about the 'select host' option, so thanks for that. I am sure I will use that again in the future!

@barthbradley Spot on. Within the tag, I checked what the label is reporting, and it was reporting the type comments and not the type mark! See below:

paul_griggs2XXL4_1-1717749056858.png

Instead of revising the parameter in the tag family, I just added the tag reference in the type comments and it came up. I will check with the team in case they set-up the plumbing fixtures tag to read the type comments for a reason, and if not, I will revise the tag parameter to read the type mark instead.

paul_griggs2XXL4_2-1717749141462.png

Thanks very much, both.

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report