Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facia Width

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
4099 Views, 4 Replies

Facia Width

How can the default width of roof facia be changed?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jason_S
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to scroll down to the Families section of Project Browser and fins the Profile Category.  Under that category you will see the Fascia - Flat Family --> Right click on the name and select Edit from the popout.  Once into the Family editor you can create another family type with the width you would like.  Load back into the project and overwrite existing.  Now you have that new type as a selection when placing the fascia.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jason_S

Thanks for the Help, Caddman. When I follow you instructions, the popout has no choice for Edit. the closest is a greyed out unavailable selection, "Make Element Editable". Is the Edit option available in Revit 2012? I'm using 2011.  Screen capture attached.

GDF

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

A Followup to the previous note. I was actually able to create a 1x8" profile rather than the 1x12" default. I actually chose the "Duplicate" Option which opens an edit type menu showing width and height that can be edited. The problem now is that I can't figure out how to change the existing Facia in the drawing.

After I was able to edit the default as described above, a complete list of available 5 sizes now mysteriously appears under "Families/Profiles/Facia Flat". Revit, in typical fashion, is inconsistent in the way it provides editing procedures for various types of elements. Selecting "Roof/Facia" and clicking on the Facia type in the Properties menu still shows only the default 1x12".  Revit will neither change the existing facis in the drawing by selecting it and then selecting a different size in the properties menu (since only the defaut still shows), nor can the existing 1 x 12" be deleted and then replaced by selecting "Roof/Facia" from the Home tab because of the absence of the other sizes as alternate choices,

another screen capture attached, Any ideas?

Message 5 of 5
thabisom75
in reply to: Jason_S

Thanks. Worked 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators