Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extrusions Made In Floor Plan Ref Level in Door Family Affected By Wall Thickness

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
279 Views, 5 Replies

Extrusions Made In Floor Plan Ref Level in Door Family Affected By Wall Thickness

Hello everyone. I have a simple yet very frustrating issue that I can't seem to get resolved. I am currently developing a door family. It's not a normal door model however, and as such I have some extrusions I made in the Floor Plan Reference Level that go from the top of the door to the bottom. However, when the wall thickness changes, the extrusions will stretch with it. Keep in mind, I did not lock the extrusion shape handles to anything, including the wall. The shape handles are not even touching the wall. I'm very confused. Any tips or advice?

Thank you in advanced for anyone who takes a look at this post.

Labels (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Give the extrusion height a type parameter. If it is fixed then type the
value in the formula box of the parameter.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

I suppose that could be a solution. Also I should clarify here, the height of the extrusion is not what's being affected by wall thickness, rather the width of the extrusion. I've never had this problem before with extrusions so I was thinking there may be an underlying issue that I wish to fix.

Message 4 of 6
barthbradley

Sounds like you are describing a Sweep for a door jamb/frame.  Edit the Sketch Profile of the Sweep and lock the depth (and/or width) with a locked Dimension(s).  Or use a Profile Family.  

BTW: I think what is going on here, is that the Profile's Sketch Boundary is Aligned and Locked to the Exterior and Interior or the Host Wall in the Family.  

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

No, this is not a sweep. This problem specifically pertains to an extrusion. Can I lock extrusion dimensions?

Message 6 of 6
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I lock extrusion dimensions?

Sure. Edit Extrusion, pull Dims, lock Dims. Finish and Close out of Edit mode.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report