Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend a Line / Wall an exact amount

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
M_Perez
1398 Views, 3 Replies

Extend a Line / Wall an exact amount

I am used to be able, in CAD software, to extend an exact amount, without the need of reference elements. 

I would say, for example, that I have a wall, and I decide that I want it to be extended exactly 20 cm in the right side. In that case I would, in Revit, draw a line an the n extend the wall to it. 

- I can select the end-point and enter the total length of the wall (egif it was 4m, 4.20m) but it may be unpractical if the wall had a complicated dimension like 4.2368m  (because I have to remember and enter again this number). 

- I can select the wall and then change the length (=old_length+20cm) but it will be extended 10cm in each direction.

Is there a smarter way to extend elements like lines or walls, without the need of reference lines/elements?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Ilic.Andrej
in reply to: M_Perez

Yes.

You can use Tab to select the wall edge (this is different than selecting the whole wall and the dragging its end).

After that, click on the temporary dimension use formula like

= 423.68+20

Andrej Ilić

phonetical: ændreɪ ilich
MSc Arch

Autodesk Expert Elite Alumni

Message 3 of 4
M_Perez
in reply to: Ilic.Andrej

Thanks!!

I tried several times to select the edge and displace it but didn't think about entering the number after selecting the edge. Not a perfect solution from autodesk but it works, I guess.

Message 4 of 4
SDSamirs
in reply to: Ilic.Andrej

Thanks,
it works well.
I can simply move the selected edge by a certain amount, with no need to type "= x+y"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report