Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting to dwg - hatch layer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2515 Views, 3 Replies

exporting to dwg - hatch layer

I am trying to export a Revit drawing to and AutoCAD dwg that has an existing wall type, and a new wall type. Both types have a solid hatch (but different colors), and the dwg puts all wall patterns on the same layer. Plus they both take on the same color / line type, so it is hard to edit without referring back to my Revit file. Is there a way to control what layer a wall fill pattern ends up on, and possibly create multiple layers to coordinate with my wall types?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you go to file, then Import Export options there is a menu called Export LayerDWG
Open that box and then you can assign the layer that any thing in your revit model will be assigned to when you export
Good Luck!
Message 3 of 4
ahmad.elhajjarPBQQ2
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

In Revit export, we see that there is some limitations.

for example, if we have a generic model family, and we assigned a solid cut pattern for the material of this element. We need the cut lines to be exported in a layer, and the pattern to be in a different layer.

I tried to created a subcategory for the extrusion inside the family, and it has not been solved.

So the question is how deeply can we control the layer exported for each and single pattern used in Revit?

Message 4 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: ahmad.elhajjarPBQQ2

@ahmad.elhajjarPBQQ2 

Not too deep...It is more practical to carry out such tasks in the CAD/DWG authoring software 

Refer to the reply posted to your question 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/how-to-control-the-exported-layers-of-cut-pa...

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report