Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting COBie zones

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1426 Views, 4 Replies

Exporting COBie zones

Hi,

Hopefully simple but I'm just not seeing it. I have a project Revit model consisting of multiple buildings. The client wants COBie spread sheets pertaining only to one specific area. I have set up a zone consisting of all the spaces in that specific area. But can I export just the data pertaining to that particular zone (area)? Not seeing in the COBie Toolkit Set Up or Modify Set Up where this can be done?

Thanks,

Paul

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Viveka_CD
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

I see that you are visiting as a new member! Welcome to the Autodesk community! Smiley Happy

Did you check the batch modify setup below?

Landing Page Dialog Window

Also, please check the COBie Toolkit for Autodesk Revit demo HERE and modify setup settings HERE

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question. Kudos welcome!

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Hi Viveca,

Thanks but still, not seeing it. Simply put, I have 8 areas or Zones numbered 1 thru 8. I only want to extract rooms and other attached data from Zone 4. The client does not want to see any other zones on the COBie spread sheet. No where in Parameter Setting or Batch Modify can I find a reference to the Zones I set up in Zone Manager.

Regards,

Paul

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Hi again, Viveka

I did manage to limit the export to the spaces needed by going into the COBie generated spread sheet in the Revit model and unchecking the boxes next to each space that did not apply (before doing the final COBie Toolkit export). There has to be an easier way but it seemed to work.

-Paul

Message 5 of 5
Viveka_CD
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Glad to hear it worked,though it wasn't an easy process.Smiley Happy

• Download a detailed guide to using this add-in, including walk-throughs of all the features, workflow specifics, and other necessary information.
  • Please see the COBie with Revit section which describes in detail some of the features in Revit and the considerations that need to be made when exporting COBie data from a Revit model.
  • You can try to contact support for BIM Interoperability Tools
  • Video below gives an overview and demonstration of the Autodesk Revit COBie Toolkit in action 

If you find posts have solved your problem, please click on 'Accept as solution' to help others with similar questions. Kudos welcome!

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report