Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message caused Revit to close happen often

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
693 Views, 7 Replies

Error message caused Revit to close happen often

Every time working with every new model I have a few incidents when I get error messages - ''error occur, changes can not be saved, caused program to close, do you want save recovery file ?'' It happened so far in 3 cases - working with ''topography points'',  ''split wall'' and mostly while ''creating new material''. My Revit 2018 (after 1 message like that) was shut down completely and I could never open it again and had to download Revit 2019. So far, I could continue working in Revit 2019 even after error messages like that cause it unexpectedly to close. I can open it, so far, and continue to work on my model. But I am always worried that my Revit 2019 will shut down just like Revit 2018 and I will not be able to recover my files. How serious are those error messages? Why do they occur ? Could be the reason for that error because Revit can not stay open more then a few days and just have to be closed and opened again after computer restart ? Please help and advice ! I appreciate a lot ! Thank you !

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

first install latest updates from autodesk, install latest updates of your graphics card driver, before opening the file tick audit and lastly clear as much possible in your manage > warnings. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Thank you ! Sorry, but I do not know how to do this ''before opening the file tick audit and lastly clear as much possible in your manage > warnings''. Where AUDIT ? Please explain in steps how to clear warnings. Thanks !

Message 4 of 8
ennujozlagam

before opening your file tick audit

audit.JPG

then clear or correct warning messages.

audit2.JPG

thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I got to warnings window. But I don't know how to delete all those warning signs. Please explain how. Will deleting all warnings stop me from getting those error messages causing program to close ?

Also after every Revit closing like that it offers me to send report. Should I do that ?

Message 6 of 8
ennujozlagam

you can refer to these LINK and LINK and  LINK see if helps. thanks

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I got it ! I can not delete warnings I have to try to resolve them to keep it minimum. Thanks 

Message 8 of 8
ennujozlagam

you can't delete them, everything. just resolve as much as possible. nice to hear that manage to solved your issues. thanks 😁😉😊

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators