Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1603

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
434 Views, 2 Replies

Error 1603

Hi,

I am a student and have qualified for a free three year license for Revit. I have had many problems trying to install the software. Error 1603 being the main one. According to my installation log file it is because the program is trying to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 (x86). My computer is 64-bit. How can I install a previous version of Revit to my laptop? When I go to download Revit from Autodesk it only gives me the option to download 2016, x64 Revit. I have a Serial number and Product Key for this product but I am wondering if within the x64 Revit 2016 are the Visual C++? I have tried everything and at this stage genuinly just want to buy a new laptop because I have not been able to find any solution anywhere.

Thank you

Amy

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, error 1603 is a generic windows error code used for several issues during installation.

The log file clearly identifies the issue as C++ 2005.  The solution for this is to roll back/uninstall the C++ . Then attempt the install of Revit again. After the install is complete Revit will install the C++ again or this can be done with windows updates.  

See this earlier post with some good blog links to solve your problem.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/revit-2015-installation-error-1603-and-1619-mic...

Message 3 of 3
akhil.sonwane3
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello amykinsella,

Use browser download option from autodesk site, so that you will get Revit 2016 setup file. Sometimes revit skip MV c++ installation so you need to install it manually from Revit setup folder. location c: Autodesk /Revit 2016 / 3rd party / vcredist (folder created after setup extraction). Also check dot net frame work version, 4.5 is required for revit, 4.6 gives error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report