Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevation tag text background

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
hmunsell
2376 Views, 4 Replies

Elevation tag text background

I think I know the answer already, but I’m looking for verification…..

Even though the text in my elevation tags are set to be Background, Opaque. When I have a longer Sheet/Reference number the Pointer is not being “background masked” so you can read the text. The text masks the pointer fine when you open the family, but not when it is placed in a project. The text will mask the model content, just not the pointer. I first noticed this in a custom tag I made, then check the OTB content and noticed the same thing.

The image on the Left is the elevation tag in a project file. The image on the right is the family.

Do I have a setting wrong somewhere or is that just how it works?

What do I do for a tag that has a longer name?

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rosskirby
in reply to: hmunsell

That's just how it works.  Annotation can't be masked; only modeled objects or detail items can be masked.  Try placing an opaque text note over a dimension string, and you'll see what I mean.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 5
hmunsell
in reply to: rosskirby

Thanks Ross, That is what I thought, just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something.....

Thank You

Howard

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
rosskirby
in reply to: hmunsell

Glad I could help.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: rosskirby

Was this ever addressed in the newer versions?  This is the only thread I can find on it....

I also have multiple projects have long elevation tag information and I cannot seem to find a solution except for manually placing text over the tag when I finished that contains an opaque background.  This is very sloppy if multiple people are working in the model, sections get moved,etc.

I have attached the conditions that I would like to achieve even though I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about...

Please tell me there is a recent workaround to this....

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators