Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Connectors: can't move them

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
393 Views, 2 Replies

Electrical Connectors: can't move them

Hi!

I created an electrical connector on a face on a
heating appliance in the family editor.  The connector snaps itself to the
center of that face and I can't move it.

My goal is to create 2 connectors that are
constrained at 2 inches from the end of each side of the device.

Is this the correct workflow with connectors? 
i assume that they should represent the physical location of the "real"
connectors.

How can I move it, it does not seem to allow me to
grab it, constain it or align it.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
randy_compton3JKYE
in reply to: Anonymous

What has been done fifteen years to resolve this problem?  How were electrical connectors to be used?  Is there a way to utilize these connectors in a linked MEP model?  Is anyone using these connectors?  Can anyone see these connectors in the linked MEP model?  

Message 3 of 3

We can use a reference plane to host a connector or the face of a form. To be able to move connectors I usually create a form that can be moved and host the connector on that form.

We cannot see/connect to connectors that are part of elements in a linked model. FWIW, if we could that would be quite dangerous for plumbing models, at least, because someone moving a plumbing fixture in the architecture model could easily compromise the layout of piping in the plumbing model if that layout was connected to the other disciplines fixture.

Electrical discipline models usually place a disconnect, or surface mounted connector family, at locations where they intend to connect to elements in a linked model, that the other discipline is modeling/showing their own version of.

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report