Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop shadow looking weird after printing.

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1017 Views, 11 Replies

Drop shadow looking weird after printing.

My drop shadows look different between the elevation view and the printed PDF file. I'm attaching screen snips of both. I'm using Revit 2017. Has anyone experienced this problem before and do you have any tips on fixing it. I don't want to turn off shadows completely.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It is possible that it is your monitor settings that are showing the view lighter (or darker - you don't say which view is which).  Adjust your settings so that it prints the way you want, and adjust your monitor settings to suit.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

I'm not talking about the lightness or darkness of the shadows. If you look on the left side of the buidling you will see that the shadows don't look whole, but rather fragmented and with a bunch of holes in them. It looks as if it took a bunch of elements and added only their shadows.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Does the fragmented view come from the PDF or the screen?

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

The fragmented view is the pdf, the normal looking one is the view. But when I zoom in deep into the view it fragments the shadows the same way they are fragmented in the pdf. 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

It's possible that the view is corrupted.  You can try creating a new one and deleting that one to see if solves the issue.

Message 7 of 12
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you share a file to test on our end and screencast of what you are trying to do?

Which version of Revit do you use?

Regards,

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Viveka_CD

I will lose a lot of linework and things I added to the view if I delete it and start again. Also I doubt it's the view itself. I'm sorry, but I can't do a screencast. I will upload the screenshots again and try to put a bit more explanation inside of them so that you can understand what my point is exactly.RevitIssue.jpg

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Well create a new view anyway to confirm if it is the issue or not.  You should be able to copy the linework to the new view if this is the case.

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Hey, I'm sorry I doubted you it actually fixed the shadows when I copied the view. Now I just need to add the lines do some invisible lines and it's all set. Thanks for the help, if the problem shows up again in the future (hope it won't) I will keep you posted.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

You should be able to select everything in the view and filter out detail items and lines.  Copy and paste these into your new view.

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Yeah I did that, but I still needed to do some invisible lines, but it took about 20-30 minutes of work so it's all fine. Thank you for the help, much appreciated. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report