Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevation levels

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1105 Views, 7 Replies

Elevation levels

I am running Revit LT, how do i associate and dis associate floor plans from a elevation level? I have seen screen shots that show a tick box at the top of the screen but i dont see this.

Thanks

levels.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Ilic.Andrej
in reply to: Anonymous

Every floor plan view must be associated with a level. However, a level does not necessarily imply having a corresponding floor plan view. So, if you delete all the views which were associated with a level, the level will not be deleted. But, you can't delete a level and then expect to keep the floor plan view that was associated to it.

Whenever you rename level or view, Revit asks you "do you wan't automatically to rename the corresponding views (or level)?" But, if you broke the naming link, as far as I know, you can't bring it back... This is just about naming, it has nothing to do with what I explained above.

Andrej Ilić

phonetical: ændreɪ ilich
MSc Arch

Autodesk Expert Elite Alumni

Message 3 of 8
PaulusPresent_BB

Dear Ross

It is not possible to re-associate a floor plan view to a different level. See also this thread:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-mep-forum/how-to-change-the-associated-level/td-p/5259093

I always tell my coworkers that they have to evaluate carefully to which level a floor plan should be associated upon creation because the process is irreversible.

The only workaround is to delete the floor plan view and recreate it associated to the correct level.

Kind regards and Gods blessings

Paulus Present

Message 4 of 8
Ilic.Andrej

@Anonymous wrote:

I have seen screen shots that show a tick box at the top of the screen but i dont see this.

I think what you saw was about callouts, so its a completely different thing....

Andrej Ilić

MSc Arch

Message 5 of 8
ToanDN

Are you just wanting to hide the Elevation label symbol?  Select it and untick the box to hide, tick to show.

Message 6 of 8
barthbradley

Are you maybe meaning that you want to create a Floor Pan View for a Level (e.g. those grey ones)? Go to View Tab=>Plan Views=>Floor Plan and select Level to create a Floor plan from.  

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

I just wanted more information on the process of associating and disassociating levels, so i want a level marker without a floor plan associated with it. Would best practice be to create a floor plan and then just delete the floor plan so i would be left with a reporting level?

What i wanted was quicker way to create a level marker without the associated floor plan. 

Message 8 of 8
Ilic.Andrej

@Anonymous wrote:

I just wanted more information on the process of associating and disassociating levels, so i want a level marker without a floor plan associated with it. Would best practice be to create a floor plan and then just delete the floor plan so i would be left with a reporting level?

What i wanted was quicker way to create a level marker without the associated floor plan. 

Just open an elevation view and copy levels. That way, you will not create the associated floor plan views. Then, if you ever decide to associate a floor plan, go to views/ plan views/ floor plan view and then choose the level to associate with.

Andrej Ilić

MSc Arch

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators