Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doors & Windows Sheet

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
482 Views, 2 Replies

Doors & Windows Sheet

Hi folks, Is there a way to auto-create a sheet containing all door and window types of a project in elevation and section views? Thanks, Ak
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

There is not a command that will provide this organization of data. There are a few ways you can approach this and accomplish comparable results. I'll describe the one I like.

Using phases you can establish a phase that exists before any others in your project, call it Project Admin for example. Then place a wall and each door and window type you will use in the project. Create the desired views you need of these objects and use a phase filter to restrict the visible objects to just the Project Admin phase. Then in the next phase demolish each of them. Later in schedules you can filter easily ignore these "extra" doors and windows using the phase settings for the schedule.

I believe credit for this strategy belongs to Aaron Rumple, at least that's who I picked it up from.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks Steve, I'll try that. Ak. "Steve_Stafford" wrote in message news:4229456.1094017603216.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > There is not a command that will provide this organization of data. There are a few ways you can approach this and accomplish comparable results. I'll describe the one I like. > > Using phases you can establish a phase that exists before any others in your project, call it Project Admin for example. Then place a wall and each door and window type you will use in the project. Create the desired views you need of these objects and use a phase filter to restrict the visible objects to just the Project Admin phase. Then in the next phase demolish each of them. Later in schedules you can filter easily ignore these "extra" doors and windows using the phase settings for the schedule. > > I believe credit for this strategy belongs to Aaron Rumple, at least that's who I picked it up from.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report