Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render Problem

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
318 Views, 10 Replies

Render Problem

Hi There I have a costumer with a very big problem on is Revit. He works with an HP Workstation, P IV, 1gb Ram, and an Nvidia XGL 980. Somethimes whernn he tryies to make a render this warning appears "Warning, running low on memory while rendering" and when he clicks OK it shows "A fatal error as occured during sending data to accurender!" After this it closes. This happens with very small drawings or with big ones so i cant figure it out. The version of revit is 6.1 and the o.s is Windows Xp pro Please help me Thanks in advance -- Best Regards Sérgio Antunes
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is the client using any Accurender "procedural" plants in their renedering?

If so, have them remove the plants and try the rendering again.

There may be an issue with Revit 6.1 and Accurender plants in the users case.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Ok Thanks But in my pc i run renders with plants and i have no problems. Ill try this out and post the result later. Best regards Sérgio
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

I removed the materials and replaced them for others, and removed the plants. The problem still happens. Any more ideas? Thanks in advance Sérgio
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

If it is happening with this specific model and on multiple machines, it is likely that Revit's Support/Development team will need to see the clients actual data in order to identify the specific problem/solution.

If the file is small enough to mail, please email it to RevitSupport@Autodesk.com with a description of the problem in the mail.

If it is too big to mail, we can set up a buzzsaw account for you to post the data via the web.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

I could post it yes but it is not on a specific file. This happens with other models, small files , big files, it doesn´t have a specific reason to happen. The costumer will send me the file today and i´ll test it here in my pc, monday i can send you the file if he crashes my computer also. I find this very strange because it´s a very good pc and sometimes it simply just does not render..... Thanks for the support "Steve Burri" wrote in message news:5362920.1086283062275.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > If it is happening with this specific model and on multiple machines, it is likely that Revit's Support/Development team will need to see the clients actual data in order to identify the specific problem/solution. > > If the file is small enough to mail, please email it to RevitSupport@Autodesk.com with a description of the problem in the mail. > > If it is too big to mail, we can set up a buzzsaw account for you to post the data via the web.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

We're having the same problem here. In the hopes of getting faster render times we have been testing an IBM Intellistaion with dual Xeon processors and 2 gigs of RAM. It also has the Nvidia Quadro4 980XGL card.

We're testing a rendered walk-around of one of our models. The model does have Accurender trees in it but this thread suggests that's not the problem. We ran a 50 frame segment successfully and got great results compared to our standard P4 station. However, when we tried to run a 150 frame segment, we found that 16 hours later, when it should have been done, it was only half way through and the "ruuning low on memory while rendering" error had appeared. I also noted that the elapsed time in the Revit status bar said only about 6 hours.

We have also tried rebooting prior to starting the rendering session to make sure everything is cleared. No other programs are running during this time. We are connected to a network and it is possible that background programs may make demands on the station.

One of our IT staff looked at the record of the system's memory usage and it looks OK. He wonders if Revit is not properly "releasing memory". We have noticed that when the error occurs and you drag the warning dialog around the screen it leaves a video trail, suggesting that the problem is with graphics memory.

I should note that we also have gotten this error on our P4 stations - that's one of the reasons we wanted to try a more powerful box. But if this is a Revit or Accurender bug that happens even on an Intellistation, I can't see spending a large amount of money just to continue getting errors. If we need a rendering or walk-around for a meeting, I don't want to come in the next morning only to see its not done due to this error.

Any help would be appreciated.

P Ashley
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

As a follow-up to the above post I should mention that "Use OpenGL accelleration if supported" is checked.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

i see that this issue appears to be unresolved. i am having the same problem with a Compaq Evo W6000, Dual XEON 2.4 ghz CPUs, 2gb ram, Quadro4 750 XGL 128mb video card, 2 36gb scsi drives, Windows XP Pro. Revit 6.1. after it's rendered 2%, soon thereafter a message complains regarding low virtual memory. um, no...we have 4gb pagefile available. then a microsoft error appears with the following information:

AppName: revit.exe
AppVer: 6.1.2004.404
ModVer: 3.1.265.0
Offset: 0000f9b9
ModName: ar3core.dll

we are using accurender, and will try with a different rendering option later today.

any ideas???
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Check if you have the latest build of Revit 6.1 (build number: 20040720_2100). I think issues of this sort were previously addressed. Otherwise you may want to download and install the latest (available from http://revit.autodesk.com/download.asp) "cmprather" wrote in message news:519250.1094232458735.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > i see that this issue appears to be unresolved. i am having the same problem with a Compaq Evo W6000, Dual XEON 2.4 ghz CPUs, 2gb ram, Quadro4 750 XGL 128mb video card, 2 36gb scsi drives, Windows XP Pro. Revit 6.1. after it's rendered 2%, soon thereafter a message complains regarding low virtual memory. um, no...we have 4gb pagefile available. then a microsoft error appears with the following information: > > AppName: revit.exe > AppVer: 6.1.2004.404 > ModVer: 3.1.265.0 > Offset: 0000f9b9 > ModName: ar3core.dll > > we are using accurender, and will try with a different rendering option later today. > > any ideas???
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

i updated to the latest build and it still didn't help. this is getting annoying. can anyone provide any other suggestions???

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report