Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doors and Windows are not transparent

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
2722 Views, 11 Replies

Doors and Windows are not transparent

Project.png

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

I think what's happening, is that Phases are overlapping. Set Phase Filter to Show Complete.

If that's not it, go to family and select the Opening Cut and look on the Option Bar. You'll see two check boxes. Check them both. 

Transparency.png

...are you sure you have a transparent material (e.g. "glass") assigned to the glazing geometry???

Glass.png

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

I tried it but it didn't work. Can you please tell me how can I select opening cut in modify command because there is only option is showing " load family".

Message 4 of 12
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried it but it didn't work. Can you please tell me how can I select opening cut in modify command because there is only option is showing " load family".

1. Open Family.

2. In 3D View. Window-Select everything.

3. Click on "Filter" button on the Contextual tab.

4. Uncheck every box except "Opening Cut" and press "OK" 

5. Check boxes for Transparent in 3D and Elevation should now be shown on Options Bar.  

NOTE: If you don't see "Opening Cut" listed under "Filters" in Step 4, then your Window is probably using a Void Extrusion Cut.  So, this workflow wouldn't apply.  Question: Do the Windows cut the Project Walls?  Isolate Wall in Project View and see if they show an opening cut for Windows.   

Message 5 of 12
barthbradley

Are you sure that this isn't about Phases or Material, as I mentioned above?  

Post your file.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Yes I have checked my phases and material. Everything is fine. I also checked family steps which you mentioned in last reply. Now windows and doors have become transparent in "shaded view" but still they are non-transparent in "realistic view".

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

I have attached file here below. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

I have attached file here.

Message 9 of 12
barthbradley

Windows are transparent when I open the file at my end?  

Try deleting your 3D View and recreating another {3D} view.  If that doesn't solve, post a screenshot of your "Glass" Material's "Graphics" and "Appearance" tabs .

...if you mean the Windows are not transparent in Elevation Views; that's how it is in Revit.  Windows are NOT transparent in Elevations.  To make them "look" transparent in Elevation, turn off the "Glass" Subcategory under "Windows" Category in the View's Visibility/Graphics Overrides.  

...could also be hardware related.  Your Graphics Driver. 

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

appearance.pnggraphics.png

Message 11 of 12
barthbradley

Yes, your Material has NO transparency.  Check "Transparency" or use another Material/Asset that is transparent.  

Clear.png

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Yes it works. Thank you so much for your support. I really appreciate it.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report