Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door vs Wall Sweep

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mpukas
152 Views, 3 Replies

Door vs Wall Sweep

I have a concrete foundation wall with a ledge on two sides, created by adding a sweep to the wall type. The T.O. WALL is 6" above T.O. FLOOR. There is a 2x6 interior wall built on top of the foundation wall. I have a door placed in the 2x6 wall, at T.O. FLOOR level. 

The issue I have is the door is causing the sweep in the foundation wall to be negated at the door. It appears the Wall Opening in the door family is clashing with the sweep in the wall, causing Revit to freak out and negate the wall sweep. 

If I raise the door 6" above T.O. FLOOR, the wall sweep acts normally and is continuous. I also tried modifying the foundation wall profile, but that does not change the result. I was able to create an in-place component sweep-void to cut the wall at the door. 

Did I do something wrong in my door & wall families, or in modeling the building? Or, is this just another Revit short-coming that requires another work-around? TIA. 

mpukas_0-1720720696702.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: mpukas

Uncheck Cut by Inserts under the Sweep Type Properties.  No?

Cut by Insert.png

Message 3 of 4
mpukas

@barthbradley  Sorry, it's a reveal I used not a sweep. But... the reveal is in the wall family under Modify Vertical Surface. It's not a reveal added as an element. As such, there are not the controls for the reveal that you've highlighted. 

Message 4 of 4
barthbradley

Post your RVT here and I'll take a look and see. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators