Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door and frame schedule

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
ESchudlich
2959 Views, 8 Replies

Door and frame schedule

Hello all,

Our office is currently neck-deep in the switch from AutoCAD to Revit. I've drawn the short straw and been tasked with shoehorning our first Revit project into the old office standard based on AutoCAD. Attached is a graphic attempting to illustrate our present situation regarding door and frame schedules. I think I've got it mostly figured out with the exception of these two roadblocks:

-Is there a way to get an override for the door size when we have a window frame system that does not contain any doors? In our office we do not schedule windows so, the interior window systems are part of the door & frame schedule.

-What is the best way to show door and frame elevations? The standard Revit solution of using the door legend would be great but, the architects are stuck in their ways and refuse to see the doors in the frames...  

Hopefully the attachment is helpful. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Regards

-Erich

Door schedule info.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Sahay_R
in reply to: ESchudlich

For door and window frame elevation - legends work very nicely and have the advantage of being able to be inserted into multiple sheets. Actually you can show frames without doors and vice versa - type VG, and under Doors you can uncheck the panel or frame subcategories. If this does not give the desired results, then you will need to examine the door families and make sure that the frames and panels are in the right subcategory.

If that is not the route you wish to take, then View>>Elevation>>Framing Elevation. These are standard elevation views that can be dropped on the sheet. Once again, they cannot be dropped onto multiple sheets and will need to be duplicated. FYI.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 9
ToanDN

You can use a multicategory schedule to schedule doors and wondows together. Create and use some criteria to filter them properly (assembly code, name, or user created parameter).

To show panels only on legend, model frame under frame subcategory and turn if off via VG.  It is easier and good for the long run to use shared nested panels in door families so that you can pull the panel directly in legend view.

Message 4 of 9
ESchudlich
in reply to: ToanDN

The interior 'windows' are actually storefront walls in the model. I was under the impression that curtain walls (or storefronts) do not schedule as 'windows'... Also, not sure what criywri is, I guess I will have to look that up.

Message 5 of 9
ToanDN

It is along the line of coffefe.

Are you talking about curtain wall windows (panels) or curtain walls themselves?

Message 6 of 9
ESchudlich
in reply to: ToanDN

In reality, we are trying to schedule a curtain wall system. We want to show the frames for our interior windows (which are actually modeled with storefront wall families). I think I found a work-around (gotta love Autodesk and the work-around...) for getting them on the schedule (see the original image) but, have not found an easy way to add them to the door legend or a way to override the 'door size' category on the schedule.

Message 7 of 9
ToanDN

When I need to show the entire curtain wall as a legend item, I either isolate it on an elevation view, or select all the mullions and panels, make an assembly, and create an Assembly view.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I think your problem can be easily solved by understanding exactly what a Curtain Wall is in Revit.

A Curtain Wall will be scheduled as a wall and therefore will not show up in Door/Window schedules unless you create an (unnecessary) hack.

However, Curtain Walls contains Mullions and Panels and the latter (panels) can quite easily be switched to a Curtain Wall-window, which WILL schedule as an ordinary window.

So it's basically a matter of changing the workflow when using Curtain Walls slightly, and you should be all set 🙂

Message 9 of 9
ESchudlich
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks. 

"However, Curtain Walls contains Mullions and Panels and the latter (panels) can quite easily be switched to a Curtain Wall-window, which WILL schedule as an ordinary window." This is what I have done, please refer to my attachment in the original post. The issue is getting the Revit schedule to mimic our office standard...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report