Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docking Modify tab to a side panel

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
tj6TCQ5
1732 Views, 8 Replies

Docking Modify tab to a side panel

I was wondering if there is a better way to permanently dock the modify tab to a side panel. I use this tab so often but revit frequently changes tabs through various actions but I always need the geometry, modify, and measure commands and wish I didn't have to change to that tab so often. I know you can undock the panels from the tab but then they just float over my windows and I have to move them again.

Is it possible to dock these commands to the bottom or side?

Tags (4)
Labels (4)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: tj6TCQ5
Message 3 of 9
PavelAnd

Hi @tj6TCQ5. You can add your favourite commands to the quick access toolbar!

Best regards, Pavel Plotitsyn.

Message 4 of 9
barthbradley

I'm thinking this may be of interest to you:

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2020/ENU/?guid=GUID-C25E7343-0E12-4578-BB1F-77E4551109CA

Read the part under "Tab Switching Behavior".  

Message 5 of 9
tj6TCQ5
in reply to: barthbradley

Not quite, I would like to dock the modify tab permanently to the right side of the screen. Don't mind the behavior of the tabs when in other commands but many times when framing or placing walls, I have to switch the tabs back and forth to complete what I'm doing. Trim, extend, and fillet are extremely useful to me in and out of editing sketches and profiles. There are at least 14 commands I use all the time from the tab, and adding them all to the quick access menu seems a little excessive. I'd rather have the whole tab docked to the side of the screen.

Message 6 of 9
barthbradley

@tj6TCQ5 wrote:

I have to switch the tabs back and forth to complete what I'm doing.

What do you mean by: "I have to switch the tabs back and forth to complete what I'm doing". 

Message 7 of 9
barthbradley

This information about noun-verb vs verb-noun selection may also be useful to you...

https://www.cad-notes.com/revit-basic-tip-selecting-objects/#:~:text=Revit%20allows%20you%20to%20sel....

Message 8 of 9
bill_gilliss

You maybe remember what AutoCAD looked like when darn near anything could be a floating or docked tool palette. I think this is the litter that the Ribbon was brought in to tidy up, in both programs. That said, I feel your pain.

screen full of palettes.jpg

Message 9 of 9
twool

Did you ever find a viable solution to lock the modify tab in a location?  We have so many add-ins built into our Revit tab template that I cannot uncheck, and the modify tab keeps going back to the far right, sometimes even hiding under the pull-down as there is no more room.  It is simply annoying.  I have to click CTRL and move it back to the beginning.  Over the course of my day the modify tabs keeps moving to the right. @Anonymous, please fix this. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report