Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensions distorted on exported PDF sheets when using break view.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
fik6RWB4
322 Views, 5 Replies

Dimensions distorted on exported PDF sheets when using break view.

Hello forum, first timer post here so bear with me.

I have this strange issue where the dimension numbers on some of my exported drawings get distorted/skewed when using horizontal break. It seems a bit as if the width of the number gets proportionally skewed according to where its located in relation to the element (when I move the dimension number closer to the center of element it gets distorted more and vice versa.).

I tried different fixes such as placing the dimension only on 2D / 3D elements, moving the dimension text around, exporting in raster / vector but nothing seems to help with the issue ....

It is quite troublesome as we need to show overall height/length of elements but currently the dimension becomes unreadable ....

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Yien_Chao
in reply to: fik6RWB4

did you try with different pdf printer?

Message 3 of 6
fik6RWB4
in reply to: Yien_Chao

Yes, I tried it with Adobe PDF, Bluebeam PDF and Microsoft PDF as default printer but same result. To clarify I am using Revit 2022 Export to PDF feature.
Message 4 of 6
Yien_Chao

oh it is only that way with the Export option?

does the print pdf also doing this?

can you share a sample here?

Message 5 of 6
fik6RWB4
in reply to: Yien_Chao

It seems the issue is gone when using print as pdf.

However, I would still like to solve the issue with Export to PDF, since I have a large number of sheets and different sheets sets with naming that I need to export, for which Export to PDF works nicely.

Message 6 of 6
Lachlan-JWP

Try DiRoots ProSheets (Revit add-in). It has heaps of functionality for naming and batch printing pdf's from Revit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report