Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Curtain Wall Panels

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
ToanDN
11772 Views, 11 Replies

Reset Curtain Wall Panels

How do I reset all the overriden curtain panels to what is default under Curtain Wall type definitions?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

I doubt that once unpined the panels in order to change there type , we can reset the overriden panels.

Anyway a workaround to make this process a quick one, could be by creating a simple Panel Schedule consisting in two Fields: Family and Type and Counts with Itemize Every Instance unchecked and from here to change the Family and TypeImage 1.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 12

I have tried that too but unless I am missing something, it does not work when you have multiple Curtain Wall types.

For example: I have 2 Curtain Wall types: Fence CW & Gate CW, Fence is set to use Panel & Gate is set to use Door. Some Fence CW Panels are unpinned and changed to Doors. I want to change them to the Gate CW.

This a very simplified example and I have more like 16 CW types with that many Panel types.
Message 4 of 12
chrisplyler
in reply to: ToanDN

I don't think you can change one (or multiple PANELS that existing within one curtain wall to an entirely different curtain wall type. The way you've stated that is asking to nest Gate CW into a panel of a Fence CW wall. It doesn't work that way.

Message 5 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: chrisplyler

I realized I wasn't clear. Here goes:

I have 2 Curtain Wall types: Fence CW & Gate CW, Fence CW is set to use Chainlink Fabric as its panel; Gate CW is set to use Chainlink Door as its panel. Some Fence CW's Chainlink Fabrics were unpinned and changed to Chainlink Doors. I want to reset them back to Chainlink Fabrics just as when they were initially drawn without manually pick one by one.

I have thought of the schedule approach but Curtain Panel schedule can't show the Curtain Wall's fields (host) so I am not able to filter based on Curtain Wall types.
Message 6 of 12

I'm not sure that can solve the problem in the way you want it, but a sort of joint venture between a Door Shedule and Panel Schedule  could work ...something like in my screencast...

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 7 of 12

Thanks for making the screencast. I understand your approach.

The problem is that some of the CW doors are properly placed in the GateCWs, and some are incorrectly overridden in the FenceCWs. Selecting them via a schedule would highlight every instance, including the ones in GateCWs which I wish not to change.

Thanks again!
Message 8 of 12
chrisplyler

I have not tried the following... it is only a guess...

Select, by drawing a selection box, the entire collection of elements that make up the wall. Filter the selection, unchecking mullions, curtain walls, or whaterer else you've grabbed, leaving only panels. Unpin them all at once using the ribbon tool. Use the type selector at the top of your properties window to set them to the fence option. Re-pin them all using the ribbon tool.

Does it work?

Message 9 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: chrisplyler

Your post has inspired me to do a test and it turned out to be quite simple. I just need to select all the curtain panels in the projects, whether via selection filter, schedule, or family browser, and pin them down. That will reset everything to default curtain panel type defined in each curtain wall type.
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Works for me too. Actually this is also a problem. At some point in a project You want a curtain wall elements to be pinned as all other elements in a drawing. You cannot pin the overriden elements. Also manually repositioned grids mess up when pinned, as Revit tries to go back to the type grid location rules.

Message 11 of 12
chrisplyler
in reply to: Anonymous

If I've manually changed grids or panels such that the wall no longer meets the rules defined in the type, then I edit the type and remove the rules. I set the horizontal and vertical layouts to none. I set the panel to none. In this way Revit no longer ever tries to re-impliment the rules.

Message 12 of 12

Honestly, I would select the wall consisting of the curtain panels, change the wall to a regular wall, then change it back to the desired curtain wall, that would fully reset the curtain wall.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report