Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension line disappears?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1377 Views, 6 Replies

Dimension line disappears?

I am trying to place a dimension line in Revit 2016.

After it is created, if I hit Enter or Escape, it disappears.

How can I correct this?  What button should I press?

Thank you for your help.

Untitled.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Since you seem to be able to select it...

Select it >> Edit type and check the color of the COLOR... it is most probably set to WHITE

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

It is set to Black.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

It is set to Black.

Message 5 of 7
RDAOU

@Anonymous

Are you dimensioning to a Reference which is switched off or hidden?

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 6 of 7
David_W_Koch

After selecting the two object references to which the dimension applies, are you then left clicking to pick the location where the dimension line will be placed, and then pressing ENTER or ESC?  Or are you pressing ENTER or ESC before choosing a location for the dimension line?

If the latter, you are quitting before the command has been completed.  If the former, are dimensions turned off in the view in which you are placing the dimension?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Mahmoud.Ziedan

Dear,

Revit is different than AutoCad,I know it is somehow tricky for new users.

Anyway if you place a dimension in Revit after selecting one or more reference, you need to click in any blank place in the layout.This will stop your dimension and it is as if you are telling Revit to finish dimension.

By the way escape in Revit is cancel the tool,while enter is repeating the last command.

Kindly if this helped you solve your issue,mark as solution to help others

You found a post helpful? Then feel free to give likes to these posts!
Your question got successfully answered? Then just click on the 'Mark as solution' button.

src="https://autodesk.widen.net/content/fbz0l2onhe/png/autodesk-expert-elite-forum-signature-logo.png" >
Mahmoud Zeidan
BIM Manager/Mechanical Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators