Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty drawing my roof cricket

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sven.beaverton
2529 Views, 3 Replies

Difficulty drawing my roof cricket

Hello, I am having difficulty drawing my roof cricket that I built to deflect water around a shed roof I put over my deck. I have attached images from revit with the error I'm getting as well as a picture of the actual cricket. The hip I circled in red is different than what I drew because I cannot figure out how to place the hip in the right spot in Revit. Please let me know what other info I can provide to help get an answer.

Thanks

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Your best bet is Shape Edit. Sketch a flat roof, then use Modify Sub Element's tools to add points and split lines to which you can input heights.  

Message 3 of 4

...something like like this. Don't need to do much more than input one height at ridge. 

Cricket.png

Message 4 of 4

FWIW @sven.beaverton, I think I kind of missed the mark on this one. You don’t need to build a cricket for this.  I don't know what your actual dimensions are, but it doesn't look like you need more that a 4 or 5 inches rise at that corner to achieve an adequate slope on both sides for runoff.  That can be accomplished through a substrate build-up -- to be determined in the field.  Just note the minimum slope on the roof plans.   If you really want to model it, then model both roofs together in one sketch and use Modify Sub Elements and input point heights at corners and ridges.

In Lieu Of Cricket A.pngIn Lieu Of Cricket B.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report