Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Reference Planes for Plan and Sections

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2730 Views, 7 Replies

Different Reference Planes for Plan and Sections

Hello. I want the reference planes that I am using in Plans not to appear in Sections or other view and vice-versa. 

Ideas are mostly appreciated, thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
BEE_Design
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi vcendoya,

Try turning off the Reference Plane Graphics in the Visibility/Graphics Overide (VV) Dialogue box. You'll find it in the Annotation Categories tab.

If you want this as a default to all the other sections / plans etc, then create a view template with it turned off and then apply the view template to all the other views. Can switch back to <none> view template after you have applied your settings.

Good Luck!

Best,

SY

Chasing BIM Architect ideal in HK with GeForce GTX 660 Ti, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16.00 GB RAM, Mircrosoft Windows 10 Home.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: BEE_Design

@BEE_Design

Thanks for your reply.

But for instance, if i want some reference planes in ground floor and I don´t want these to be shown on first floor,

and I want to create its own ones for that level, how do we achieve this?

If I turn them off in visibility grafics there will be all gone.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 8
EmptySaturnV

If you are using Revit 2017, you can create a new subcategory for reference planes and hide/show the ones that you want in a view using your view settings.

Message 5 of 8
BEE_Design

The visibility / graphics overrides (VV) applies to each view. So turning off the reference planes category in ground floor will not affect any other view.

Good luck,

Best

SY
Chasing BIM Architect ideal in HK with GeForce GTX 660 Ti, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16.00 GB RAM, Mircrosoft Windows 10 Home.
Message 6 of 8
ToanDN

Create a scope box that does not extend to the other floors and assign it to the reference planes.
Message 7 of 8
aghis_no

For versions previous to 2017 you can use one or two specific s worksets that you may turn on and off depending the type of view you eye in. View templates may be a great help dealing with all the sections at once.
Hope it helps
Aghis
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

I had the same doubt, and could solve it. What I did was, I selected all of the reference planes on my ground floor, and in the modify tab, i clicked on subcategory and changed from <None> to <Create new subcategory> So I created one called Ground Floor Reference Planes, and made sure all of my ground floor reference planes were set under this category. Then I changed to my first floor plan and opened up visibility graphics, and turned off the ground floor subcategry I created on the reference plane category. So all of them would disappear. I had to create a new subcategory for reference planes on first floor and that would work. Hope it was helpfull.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report