Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Students' and licensed versions of Revit 2016

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
2714 Views, 13 Replies

Difference between Students' and licensed versions of Revit 2016

There is a difference in functionalities of Revit 2016 for Students’ stand-alone version comparable to our corporate licensed version, i.e.

For the analysis-related “Analyze” section - there is a difference in working options available, please see the following figures:

• This is STUDENT VERSION, downloaded from Autodesk’ web-site, stand-alone version:

Revit_Stud.jpg

• This is the same “Analyze” section in REVIT2016 software with UCC’s license (from another PC):

Revit_UCC.jpg

We are really looking for a solution to this issue, where the possible options could be:

• Install some additional plug-in (which gives the full energy analysis functionality, same as we have in full-licensed Revit 2016 version)?

Would you be so kind to advise for a possible solution to this problem, please?

Thanks in advance,

Regards, 

Andriy

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

What is a student version doing in a commercial office?

Student versions may have or not have benefits assigned to them like a subscription based benefit has.   Meaning the student version hasn't requested certain benefits that are entitled to paying customers or the student version is not entitled to such benefits.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

This is in the university, not a commercial office.

License obtained by the university, and we've paid for it as it should be.

However, some remote students may have this issue at their homes, and that's why this question appeared.

Message 4 of 14
pendean

There is NOTHING posting in these forums will do to change REVIT2016 EDU versions: sorry, this is a support forum, not the REVIT Design Team Access forum.

Try posting in the REVIT forums for experienced REVIT users to help you with possible add-ins or other options for REVIT2016 https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/bd-p/133

Good luck.
Message 5 of 14
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Like I said a paid subscription version may contain benefits that student versions is not entitled to or the student never requested that benefit.  I'm not a Revit user so I don't know what this function of Revit does or what is covered.

Perhaps @ToddRogers-WPM and/or @DarrenP can step in and assist you.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 14
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Educational software offers complete versions, so equal to the commercial versions with the same tools & features. 

I believe you are seeing this because you need to change/customize the toolbar settings. I will also reach out to @Viveka_CD

Thank you for posting. I will move this post to the Revit forum. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 7 of 14
DarrenP

i would first check the options first

Big R>options>user interface

Make sure everything is checked under tools & analyses

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 8 of 14
Sahay_R
in reply to: DarrenP

Major difference - the Student Version will print 'FOR EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY' (or equivalent). The commercial version won't.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 9 of 14
loboarch
in reply to: natasha.l

@natasha.l wrote:

I believe you are seeing this because you need to change/customize the toolbar settings. ...

This ^^^ is the reason. The analysis portions for Structural and MEP analysis has been turned off in the student version you are using.  It shows where this can be changed at about 1:40 in the video on the linked page.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 10 of 14
loboarch
in reply to: Sahay_R

@rsahayUZMK9 wrote:

Major difference - the Student Version will print 'FOR EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY' (or equivalent). The commercial version won't.

This is NOT true. This plot stamp no longer appears on printouts from a student version of Revit.

(Actually to be totally accurate Revit student versions never did this, it printed a black band at the edge of the printed sheet. The black band said nothing in it thought.)

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 11 of 14
Sahay_R
in reply to: loboarch

Actually, no - here it is about the dreaded educational plot stamp - 

http://blogs.rand.com/support/2014/04/relief-from-the-dreaded-autodesk-educational-plot-stamp.html

See it all the time in the classroom. I will verify again during class time this coming Monday.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 12 of 14
loboarch
in reply to: Sahay_R

@rsahayUZMK9 wrote:

Actually, no - here it is about the dreaded educational plot stamp - 

http://blogs.rand.com/support/2014/04/relief-from-the-dreaded-autodesk-educational-plot-stamp.html

See it all the time in the classroom. I will verify again during class time this coming Monday.

That article is about AutoCAD NOT Revit and it is from 2014.

Looking closer at the article it says this is gone in AutoCAD 2015.

Revit has not had a plot stamp since 2015 or perhaps before???  There was a change in Autodesk policy on this a number of years ago. I believe plotstamps are gone at this point from all of our educational products.

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 13 of 14
Sahay_R
in reply to: loboarch

@loboarch - I need new glasses LOL!

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

Good morning, 

Unfortunately, the option to change/customize the toolbar settings is not solving this issue, all necessary boxes were ticked from the beginning. 

The only way to sort this out, perhaps, is to reinstall the whole package, which is not desirable. This would be the last option for me to try, but if nothing will appear - have to do this.

Regards, 

Andiry 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report