Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

detail view in worksets

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
837 Views, 11 Replies

detail view in worksets

I have a detail view that was put in the wrong workset and I can't seem to
change it to a different workset(grayed out in the properties)
Any ideas
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You have to make sure the detail view itself is checked out/editable. Until it is completely editable, you cannot change the workset.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

Each view automatically goes in a special workset for that view. You can't set or change that workset.

"jkemble" wrote in message news:4957279@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have a detail view that was put in the wrong workset and I can't seem to
change it to a different workset(grayed out in the properties)
Any ideas
Message 4 of 12
carl.heintz

Hi. I found this posts as I am new to worksets and I noticed all the 3d elements are completely fine with worksets but detail items does appear not to work at all?  I have enabled all the worksets but as the items are somehow set to the specific view and not to the 3 worksets I have it doesnt matter? In this case the majority of the furniture is 3d but I have some 2d elements that are drawn and I want to be able to turn on and off the furniture worksets but that does not appear to be possible?

Message 5 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: carl.heintz

Create in place families and draw 2d elements in there so that you can assign the in place families to a workset.

Message 6 of 12
carl.heintz
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you for giving a suggestion but I do not think it is not a very efficient workaround. There are more items too except the furniture itself. For example I use filled regions to highlight specific elements or text for that matter.

Message 7 of 12
ToanDN

Detail items are per view so I am not sure what the use of workset is.  Do you keep turning on turning off stuff in the same view?

Message 8 of 12
carl.heintz

Basically I want to be able to turn off all elements regardless of 2d, 3d, text, detail or model and assign them to each workset.

Message 9 of 12
ToanDN

You can't use workset for detail items and annotations. Use other methods such as selection filter, temporary hide/isolation.

Message 10 of 12
carl.heintz

Yes it is quite unfortunate. Rather than inviting their own terminology it would be great if they could adapt how other softwares are organising various layers of information using the name layers (regardless of 2d, 3d etc).

Message 11 of 12
RSomppi

Revit doesn't have layers or anything resembling layers. You need to think differently.

Message 12 of 12
ToanDN

@carl.heintz wrote:

Yes it is quite unfortunate. Rather than inviting their own terminology it would be great if they could adapt how other softwares are organising various layers of information using the name layers (regardless of 2d, 3d etc).

Revit already has Categories to turn on/off stuff.  Again, details items and annotations are per view, if you don't want to see them then duplicate the view without detailing.  Revit is not AutoCAD that has everything in one model space.  It never will be.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report