Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design option vs Phases for documentation

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Carlos.Mozqueda_FK
293 Views, 8 Replies

Design option vs Phases for documentation

I have two small towers which will be built in two different stages, Building A will be built in the next 2 years while Building B will be built in the next 5 years. Both towers will be connected by a small bridge.

Currently, I am using phases for each stage. Phase 01 contains Building A while Phase 02 contains Building B. The issue I am having is that with the current documentation we are showing both stages together and therefore the rooms on stage 1 are not visible in stage 2. 

The solutions I was considering are;

- Copy rooms from stage 01 to stage 02 and keep using phases. 

- Use a design option and place all building B in a design option. In this way, I won't have any duplicate rooms. 

Any ideas of a better workflow or issues that can happen with each way of solving this issue? 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rxi.gg
in reply to: Carlos.Mozqueda_FK

I think I would go with your first option. 
I always avoid using design options as they are very annoying to use.

Roi G. | AUTODESK REVIT & DYNAMO EXPERT

Da un "Me gusta" si la respuesta te ha resultado útil y acéptala como solución si ha resuelto tu duda.
Give a "Like" if the answer has been useful to you and accept it as a solution if it has solved your doubt.

Message 3 of 9

Phase Filters and Graphic Overrides should get you there.  

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-con...

Message 4 of 9
rxi.gg
in reply to: barthbradley

if i'm not wrong, it is not possible to use phase filters in schedules

Da un "Me gusta" si la respuesta te ha resultado útil y acéptala como solución si ha resuelto tu duda.
Give a "Like" if the answer has been useful to you and accept it as a solution if it has solved your doubt.

Message 5 of 9

Not sure if I follow. So you want to see everything in one view? Why not just turn off phase filter (set to None)?

vancikv_0-1651648928980.png

Message 6 of 9
vancikv
in reply to: rxi.gg

At least in 2021 it's possible.

vancikv_0-1651649135112.png

Message 7 of 9
rxi.gg
in reply to: vancikv

In room schedules the phase filter parameter disappears.

Message 8 of 9
rxi.gg
in reply to: vancikv

Not in one view, if im not wrong, he want all rooms (both phases) in one schedule

Message 9 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: Carlos.Mozqueda_FK

I would keep using phases.  Copy rooms from one stage to another is okay.  But if you don't want to do it, create a view with only rooms and tags of the future stage, overlay it on sheet with the view of the current stage.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators