Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default cabinet is masking countertop

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous238
234 Views, 3 Replies

Default cabinet is masking countertop

I placed a "base cabinet-double door" from Revit content library and for some reason it is masking the countertop above it even though its under it. How can I fix? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
in reply to: Anonymous238

I assume you are referring to casework and how it looks in your plan view? If that's the case, and maybe this is a bit of a temporary solution, but if the countertop covers the cabinet completely then you could hide the cabinet in that view?

If you want to try this it should be pretty easy to do, just right-click the cabinet you don't want to see in that view and go to "hide in view". If it's just a single cabinet you want to hide, then click "elements", and you can do this for each counter you don't want to see. If it's every single counter in the project, then hitting "category" will hide all of them.

Don't worry either, this doesn't affect how it looks in any other views, just the one you were in when you did it, and the objects can always be made visible again - if you click the little blue lightbulb at the bottom of the screen and repeat the same process, but instead clicking "unhide" instead.

I've attached some pictures to help you out.

Hope this is useful 👍

Message 3 of 4
jay_colcombe

In the View Range is the Cut Range level lower than the counter top level?

If the above is not the issue I recall with OOTB countertop families from Autodesk of the past that it may be due to visibility in the Countertop Family directly.  Try making the 3D of the countertop visible in plan..

Looking at the OOTB Countertop it has a Masking Region in Plan so I would definitely suggest it is related to the Visibility Setting for the Countertop Extrusions

jay_colcombe_0-1715334980408.png

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 4 of 4
handjonathan

Hi @Anonymous238 

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   Has the solution suggested by @00535405 @jay_colcombe helped with your issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you with more information so we can help you as a community! 

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators