Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut Void Edges

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
yuvdal
595 Views, 7 Replies

Cut Void Edges

Hello,

I have created standard void extrusion but I would like to cut diagonally it's edges and I don't have any idea how to achieve it.

I tried to use void sweep but it's not the result that I want (I want to cut the edges and not to rotate).

Any idea?

Please see the attached images.

Thank's

Yuval Dolin.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: yuvdal

instead of using void extrusion? you can create different extrusion form and use join geometry. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: yuvdal

Although I would agree with Ennujozlagam to rather model the positive than the negative, you can model the void using three plan extrusions.

Extrusion.JPG

Message 4 of 8
martijn_pater
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Although I would agree with Ennujozlagam to rather model the positive than the negative, you can model the void using three plan extrusions.

Is that a void... ?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: martijn_pater

No, its a solid to illustrate the modelling.  Here it is as a void.

Void.JPG

Message 6 of 8
martijn_pater
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry, the image was not as clear/confused me a little. Added below image to help illustrate your point.

3x plan void extrusion3x plan void extrusion

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Exactly - thanks fo that.

Message 8 of 8
yuvdal

Great solution, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators