Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut Solid Sweep against wall

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
457 Views, 4 Replies

Cut Solid Sweep against wall

Hi I am making an auditorium and am making the stepped seating area with a solid sweep component modelled in place. The problem is I can't change the shape of the sweep so it cuts through my walls. The images below show this. Is there any way I can cut the sweep. I tried modelling a void sweep then cutting but it wouldn't cut. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

samDYXYN_0-1619078423109.png

samDYXYN_1-1619078443361.png

Labels (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

can share your file so we can check. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 5
fred2193

I would try to cut it with at void extrusion within the same in-place family, drawn from a ref plane in plan view. 🙂

Message 4 of 5
syman2000

Looks like you have curve wall you want to cut thru. Sadly Revit is very picky when it comes to edges. If you have void cut thru edge, there is a chance it will fail to cut. To avoid this issue, you have to extend the stair profile beyond the edge of the wall.

extend.png

This gives void breathing room to cut. So you pick the face of the wall and extend beyond the area where you want to cut.

extend 2.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: fred2193

Thankyou that worked

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators