Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom stair handrail

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mahanmotamedi1991
315 Views, 4 Replies

Custom stair handrail

Hello Everyone,

I want to make a custom handrail for a stair in Revit. I want to make a handrail like an image 2 from what I have in Image 1. Can someone guide me on how to do it?

1.jpg2.jpg

All the best,

Mahan 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RDAOU
in reply to: mahanmotamedi1991

@mahanmotamedi1991 

Edit the Rail Path

1. Set Slope to Flat
  2. Set Height Correction to Custom - Enter Correction value as necessary

RDAOU_0-1636977003221.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 5
mahanmotamedi1991
in reply to: RDAOU

Thank you very much for your response. Could you please explain to me how you could trim the handrails on the top of each stair step?

Best,

Mahan4.jpg5.jpg

Message 4 of 5
RDAOU
in reply to: mahanmotamedi1991

@mahanmotamedi1991 

1. Pick new Host and Host it on the stairs...
  2. If that doesn't work, Edit path and make sure it is aligned to stair Edge. Finish Sketch
  3. PS: If you need to offset the rail, Select it and on the properties palette add a value to "Offset from Path"

stair hr.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 5

Thank you very much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators