Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom railing - railing panel end

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2379 Views, 6 Replies

Custom railing - railing panel end

Hello,

I am trying to create a custom railing with a specific railing panel as in the image . The railing creates well, but at the ends the pattern extends beyond edges as in image 2. I want it to truncate or stop where it can as a full pattern and not extend. how do i do it. I tried all ending options for balusters - truncate , spread fit, excess fill - nothing helps. spread fit doesnt work - dont know why.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Baluster panel length is fixed. You could create a different type with a shorter length and assign it to the truncated ends. Or just model the end in place.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

The question is, how do i truncate the type. Truncate option doesn't seem to work here. The panel by default extends beyond the segment ends. attached is the family. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

See the previous post.  You can't.  Baluster panel length is fixed.  It's like a door - you can't place half a door.

You need to create a new one for the corner panels that are the correct length. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Ok i got that, but then how to stop the panel from extending to the last panel where it is longer than required. that is how to truncate the pattern ? truncate pattern option doesnt work .

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Open the panel family that you have and create a new one that is the correct size for the corner panel.  Create a new railing using that panel for the corner parts.  Alternatively, if there are a fixed amount of panels then you can include the last baluster, but this generally gets complicated as you have to list each panel.

Often, the easiest solution is as ToanDN suggested is to just model that piece of the railing in place.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

baluster placement >

Break Pattern at > Each Segment End

Justify > Spread Pattern to Fit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report