Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom north symbol not rotating past 180°

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Prvoime
706 Views, 5 Replies

Custom north symbol not rotating past 180°

I'm trying to create a custom north arrow with text that follows rotation angle but doesn't rotate, however, I'm getting stuck at the very first step.

This is the tutorial I'm following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrI7WhW6FTU

After creating a Reference line, adding angular dimension and assigning a parameter to it, it only works for angles 0 to 180°. As soon as I try flexing above 180° I get "Constraints not satisfied". This is just the Reference line itself, I didn't even "attach" any geometry to it.

Family attached.

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: Prvoime

You need to use align tool + TAB to lock one end of the ref line to the two origin ref planes to define the pivot point.
Message 3 of 6
Prvoime
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN wrote:
You need to use align tool + TAB to lock one end of the ref line to the two origin ref planes to define the pivot point.

I did.

Clipboard01.jpg

Message 4 of 6
ToanDN

Try this.

Message 5 of 6
FAIR59

using formulas you can calculate the position of the "free end" of the reference line.

Message 6 of 6
Prvoime
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN wrote:

Try this.

This is a very interesting solution! However, I found another tutorial and it uses the same process as the one I previously linked. So I went over the steps again, and again, Constraints not satisfied.

Then I inserted it into a project, for the heck of it because that's what they did, and even though it breaks apart in Family editor, it works inside a project!

No idea how or why, but there you go.

Also thanks @FAIR59  for the idea.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report