Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom leader arrow - dot ?

68 REPLIES 68
SOLVED
Message 1 of 69
Anonymous
55165 Views, 68 Replies

Custom leader arrow - dot ?

Hi, yet more queies here.

I'm placing tags, but the standard leader arrows do not include a 'dot' that I tend to use as a standard.

I can edit the type - and access the drop-down list, and I've also looked for an annotation family for leader arrow, but cannot find any either.

Is there a way of using a dot - or of creating a custom leader arrow type as a family and making my own filled circle ?

Thanks

68 REPLIES 68
Message 41 of 69
RobDraw
in reply to: Chad.millard

@Chad.millard wrote:

There are many limitations inside Revit that are only there on purpose.

What purpose would that be?

Do you really think that features are deliberately held back?

I bet you think the Apollo moon landing was created on a Hollywood movie set, too.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 42 of 69
francfiles
in reply to: RobDraw

Nope, I don't.
Message 43 of 69
RobDraw
in reply to: francfiles

@francfiles wrote:
Nope, I don't.

Maybe you didn't notice that I was responding to that inane comment from @Chad.millard.

Rob

Message 44 of 69
Chad.millard

It wasn't inane.  But the answer is yes; there are limitations that are deliberately withheld.  And we're told "we don't want you to show them that way".

In response to your stupid comment; no I don't believe that.   

Message 45 of 69
RobDraw

@Chad.millard wrote:

It wasn't inane.  But the answer is yes; there are limitations that are deliberately withheld.  And we're told "we don't want you to show them that way".

Told by who? What you are saying is ridiculous.

Rob

Message 46 of 69
Chad.millard

Revit developers in panel at AutoDesk Expo Kansas City, 2010, 2011, 2014 and 2018.

Message 47 of 69
RobDraw

I don't believe you. That's got to be taken out of context or you're blowing smoke. They would never say that they don't want you to show it that way. Autodesk has never directly dictated how we show our drawings, period. In fact, they listen to their customers and continuously offer new options. Take your lies elsewhere.

Rob

Message 48 of 69
Chad.millard

Here was the question that I asked, all of those years;
"When are you going to put the Maintain Annotation Orientation option into lighting fixture families so that we can show wall mounted lighting as a symbol?  And when are you going to give some options for running multiple sets of conduit/ piping in a manner that will be accurate?"
The answer, "We want you to show it this way".

So honestly, I don't care what you believe.  At this point you're just trolling, and you're really not very good at it.

Message 49 of 69
RobDraw

Autodesk has never made such a statement. Unless you can prove otherwise, you need to stop saying that they did. What company in their right mind would dictate to us how we can or can't show our work? It doesn't make sense. Like the conspiracy theory that I stated earlier.

If I were trolling as you said, I would be calling you an idiot but I'm not. You're just spreading lies.

Rob

Message 50 of 69
Chad.millard

You can believe what you want.  I really don't care.  You're a bootlicker, and nothing will ever convince you that your wonderful AutoDesk isn't providing the best service that they can.  So stay that way.
And FYI, calling someone a liar when you have no evidence to support that, is called being a dick.

Message 51 of 69
RobDraw

@Chad.millard wrote:

called being a dick.

A funny thing happens when people can't prove their BS. They go on a personal attack instead of backing up their statements. Thanks for confirming what I said previously.

Rob

Message 52 of 69
Chad.millard

The irony of you not realizing that calling someone a liar is a personal attack.

Message 53 of 69
francfiles

This is slanderous if you can't prove it. Autodesk will take this matter seriously.

Message 54 of 69
Chad.millard

Let them.  There were approximately 150 people in the audience.  Many of whom were rather upset.

Message 55 of 69
francfiles

Can you share with us when and where this thing happened? if it was an Autodesk event in Las Vegas or somewhere? Thank you.

Message 56 of 69
Chad.millard

As I said above; AutoDesk Expo Kansas City.  Revit Developer Panel.

Message 57 of 69
Anonymous

I was at the KC AutoDesk Expo - MidWest CAD put it on, right?  In Lee's Summit?
I remember something about a question like that.  And I remember the  dev that answered.  I don't remember their exact words, but you got the gist of it.

Being fair, none of them were involved in the electrical portion of the development.

@RobDraw, your comments really are out of line.  If you don't believe the person, that's fine.  But you've deliberately trolled this entire thread.  @Chad.millard  - sorry.  We're not all like that.  

Message 58 of 69
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobDraw, your comments really are out of line.  If you don't believe the person, that's fine.  But you've deliberately trolled this entire thread.  @Chad.millard  - sorry.  We're not all like that.  

Entire thread, really? This thread was started in 2016, my first post was last week when the ridiculousness about Autodesk deliberately holding back features started. If you want to call it trolling, go ahead, but the comments that I was responding to were so idiotic that they deserved to be shot down with some sanity. I feel sorry for anyone that thinks statements like that are even remotely true.

Rob

Message 59 of 69
Anonymous

Well, now you have 2 of us that were at the same Expo where the answer was given.  Good day to you.  

Message 60 of 69
francfiles
in reply to: Anonymous

Please, can you be more specific with the date? even just the year. thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report