Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Door Header Visibility Control

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
lee.imbimbo86EM4
535 Views, 5 Replies

Custom Door Header Visibility Control

I'm having this weird issue with some custom doors I made were the headers of the doors are showing in Plan Views, and in ways that are rather annoying.  I've tried messing around with the underlay of the view, the view range of the view, and the visibility controls within the family.

The only fix I've found so far is that if I make the header a separate object from the jamb trim than I can use the visibility graphics to turn off it's visibility.  The big problem here, is that means that it is turned off regardless in all Plan views.  So when I go to make a RCP the header won't show like it needs to.

To make matters worse, is that in the Default Revit Door families, this doesn't seem to be a problem.  they use sweeps to run the trim up and around the door, and their headers aren't showing when I use them.  So I though ahah, just rebuild the door family, from theirs and see if it works, and when I add the trim I want to to it, I'm right back were I started.

View Range doesn't seem to matter, I've tried every setting allowed in the Underlay.  I figure it's something I need to toggle on or off, but I can't seem to figure out what it is.

Anyone have any ideas?

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I can think of several reasons.  

Post the family. 

...Edit the Family and untick "when cut in Plan/RCP" (in Visibility Settings of the geometry that's showing in Project Plan View) might be one solution.  

Message 3 of 6

BTW: Project View Range has no effect on Doors/Windows.  You would need to change the View Range in the Family. 

Revit Windows and Doors not showing as expected | Revit 2019 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 4 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: lee.imbimbo86EM4

Try this option:

ToanDN_1-1641865165574.png

Message 5 of 6

So this is the one that fixed it.  Maybe I misunderstood this visibility setting.  I figured that if it wasn't cutting it, than it wasn't cutting it, kind of like a section.  But apparently it means that if the family is cut then the item will show.

Thanks for the solution.

Message 6 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: lee.imbimbo86EM4

Untick that box will hide the jambs and header sweep on both plan and rcp.  Didn't you want to show the jambs in plan and jambs/header on rcp?

Plan:

ToanDN_1-1641940114063.png

RCP:

ToanDN_0-1641940087267.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report