Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain wall not visible when Initially drawn

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
dariusA3K8S
3413 Views, 21 Replies

Curtain wall not visible when Initially drawn

Hi all 

I have made a curtain wall that is not displaying correctly. As in it is invisible until modified. This only happens with walls less than or the same as my fixed distance (3m). But I require this dimension to segment the mullions correctly. Which also have to be a multiple of three to correctly BOM.

Does anyone know whats going on?

Please have a look at the video attached to see what I'm referring to.

and the screenshot of its properties 

PropertiesPropertiesof the properties.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
ennujozlagam
in reply to: dariusA3K8S

share the file so we can check. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 22
ennujozlagam

can you try to untick use hardware acceleration from options and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 22
ennujozlagam

if you pick the other one and right click > create similar what happen?. thanks

Message 5 of 22
dariusA3K8S
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Here ennujozlagam 

Please see the attached

Message 6 of 22
dariusA3K8S

Hi no luck with creating similar.

has the same issue anything under or at 3m isn't visible.

Thanks for trying to help I can not wrap my head around this one.

Message 7 of 22
ennujozlagam

strange???? but i did try to copy the curtain wall in a new file and it works to issue. it could be your curtain wall panel problem. i guess. thanks

Message 8 of 22
ennujozlagam

try to go to your 3D view and draw the curtain wall, you be able to see when you draw. it could be the views issue? thanks

Message 9 of 22
dariusA3K8S

I tried that. Unfortunately, it creates an empty square it should be filled with curtain panels and mullions 

And this only happens when the wall length is 3m or less any length over 3 it appears fine.

Curtain walling issue 2.PNG

Message 10 of 22
ennujozlagam

it's totally different outcome from mine to yours, in my 3D view when i draw curtain wall i can see the mullions. thanks

dr2.JPG

Message 11 of 22
ennujozlagam

the only option is to remove the fixed distance 3.000 and there will be no issues? thanks

panel.JPG

Message 12 of 22
martijn_pater

You've placed a curtain wall inside a curtain wall as panel...

... don't really see why it wouldn't work though, if you edit the cw type, change&reapply the same panel it does work...

setting to none gives me: Changes have been made that cause a curtain wall with type driven grid lines to exceed the maximum allowed number of type driven lines (200 in direction (1) and 200 in direction (2)). If you really need this many type driven grid lines, please split the affected wall before proceeding.

Probably something to do with that...

Why not model it as 3 panels in a panel? or 3x generic model on array ie.

Message 13 of 22

@martijn_pater wrote:

Why not model it as 3 panels in a panel? or 3x generic model on array ie.

Scratch last part, that doesn't work ofcourse, but 3 'panels' in a cw panel could work though.

Message 14 of 22
RDAOU

@dariusA3K8S 

It is not visible because you are creating only 1 instance which is =< than the specified fixed distance. Placing 2 instances or resizing will force Revit to regenerate …

Nonetheless, I do not get it why you are nesting a curtain wall as a panel?! You can simply set up the curtain wall to use the Infinity Frame 980 panel and the Vertical Grids at 1m fixed distance intervals...which would give you the same result without the above hassel

cw1.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 15 of 22
martijn_pater
in reply to: RDAOU

I think the idea was to have 3x1m panel, then a mullion, 3x1m panel, then a mullion etc., vertically also...?

@dariusA3K8S If that's the case your interior vertical mullion is not set in the cw type actually, you could try setting those? See if that works. nope. You also can't type the length for the curtain wall apparently, only way seems to draw it longer and then shorten it... I guess it's a strange-way-of-building-your-curtain-walls-yields-strange-errors type of thing (no pun intended)...

Message 16 of 22
RDAOU
in reply to: martijn_pater

@martijn_pater wrote:

I think the idea was to have 3x1m panel, then a mullion, 3x1m panel, then a mullion etc., vertically also...?

cw3.png

That is not how his curtain wall is set up...He is not using any interior/intermediate mullions and nesting is neither required nor does it make any sense in this case 

Why should one over complicate something which cannot be any simpler....Setting the vertical grid to 1m fixed distance will drive the panels width/size while the border mullions are placed wherever he clicks after 1 panel, 2 panels, 3 panels...10 panels 

PS: Nesting a CW as a panel could only make sense if the intent is to have an specific interior mullion (not similar to the border mullions) every 3rd panel...which doesn't seem to be the case here.

cw2.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 17 of 22
martijn_pater

@RDAOU wrote

That is not how his curtain wall is set up...He is not using any interior/intermediate mullions and nesting is neither required nor does it make any sense in this case 

I noticed. It is not how the mullions are set up. I would say it is how the curtain wall is set up though (fixed distance 3m)... I think that is the point of nesting another cw anyway, doing it as you did you can place the mullion every third meter manually... which I think would work fine btw, it is first thing I did anyway (create similar for the nested cw and added the corner mullions...)

Message 18 of 22
RDAOU
in reply to: martijn_pater

@martijn_pater wrote:

I noticed. It is not how the mullions are set up. I would say it is how the curtain wall is set up though (fixed distance 3m)...

the 3m controls the panel width (his nested CW has NO MULLIONS, it is just panels - hence it doesn't make sense nesting)… On the other hand the walls of his cubical are 3 meters long => he just needs border mullions with 3 panels in between without interior mullions

Message 19 of 22
martijn_pater

@RDAOU wrote

the 3m controls the panel width (his nested CW has NO MULLIONS, it is just panels - hence it doesn't make sense nesting)… On the other hand the walls of his cubical are 3 meters long => he just needs border mullions with 3 panels in between without interior mullions

Ow I agree with you absolutely, it doesn't make any sense the interior mullion for this host cw is not set with the 3m fixed distance...no point in doing that... but it shows to me OP intended to place a new nested cw with 3panels every third meter also based on the layout next to it... but perhaps wait for OP's response to find out what's the plan here... 😉  ( You could ofcourse do it like you did and then instruct somewhere to draw walls with 3m length or to place an interior mullion every third 🙂 )

Message 20 of 22
hmunsell

it has something to do with the panel being used. if you set the panel to Glass, it works fine.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators