Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create void into a Pillar - problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
368 Views, 4 Replies

Create void into a Pillar - problem

Hi to everyone,

I need to create a void into a pillar, I tried with extrusion but it generates problems.

Any ideas?

P.S

I used this pillar trick to create a wall with a different longitudinal thickness...

foro.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Wall Opening doesn't work for you?  What about modeling the Void as an In-Place Component and cutting the Wall with that?   

...what method are you currently using? If you are Modeling the Void In-Place, you must cut the Wall before closing out of In-Place Modeling session.  

Message 3 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Pilar (Architectural column is not a system component so you need to create a face based family with a void cutting the solid, load it in, place it on the pilar to cut it.

Build it as an in place wall then cut the opening.  Or as regular wall then use a void to cut to shape, then cut the opening.

Message 4 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: ToanDN

HA! Well, I guess you could read it that way too?  I read it as a "Pillar"-shaped Void. Which brings up another question... 

@Anonymous; is this a loadable family and is "Cuts With Void When Loaded" checked?  

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Hi and thanks to everyone,

Immagine.jpg

first of all, this is a pillar family that I placed beside the wall to give the different thicknesses.

The problem is that when I extrude the void in place on the pillar surface Revit can't let me cut this family with the void created. (the blue selection doesn't appear on that surface)

I tried to create the opening void inside the family but I didn't reach what I expected...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report