Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Schedule like Excel

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Mat.Syaf
935 Views, 10 Replies

Create Schedule like Excel

Hi, I have a schedule that I were using it for every project in Excel. Now the company is moving to Revit. So is that a way to make the schedule in Revit same like in Excel. I have attached image of  Excel shcedule.

Basically,

• SLA Total is the total area of selling department in the store (example: footware, menswear, womenwear, bedding etc).
  • Airlock - Office & Amen is Back of House area
  • NON SLA Total is the total of Airlock - Office & Amen
  • GLA-R is the total of SLA + NON SLA
  • GLA is the total area of the whole store

MatSyaf_0-1662710792454.png

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
denisyukJ
in reply to: Mat.Syaf

Hello, @Mat.Syaf 

Revit doesn't give you such flexible opportunity to make a schedules. I guess you can standardize schedule format in Revit and formatting data according your needs with a macro in Excel.

Message 3 of 11
MachielAEC

I would create that as a Generic Annotation family, you can create it as a calculator in the format you like and the - similar to excel - type the info produced from Revit.

https://citizenbim.notion.site/Generic-Annotations-7430b2b507d44cad82cfec9be7646043

Machiel Odendaal
---BIM Enthusiast---
Message 4 of 11
lim.wendy

Hi Asyraf,

Thanks for reaching out to the forum. Have you had a chance to look over the suggestions provided by our experts?

Do you have any questions about it, let us know if you require further assistance.

If the suggestions helped you, please hit the "Accept Solution" button, as it helps make the solution easier to find for others who might have the same issue. Knowing which topics are solved or not can also help our many users find the questions that still need to be answered. It’s also a great way to say thank you and give recognition to whoever helped you. 

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Rails Summit

Message 5 of 11
Mat.Syaf
in reply to: MachielAEC

I try to understand with this solution, but I still don't understand how he make all the area into 1 row.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/area-schedule-presentation/m-p/10427387#M325...
Message 6 of 11

you can do it in Excel and then import into Revit...

have a look at my screencast:

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 7 of 11

@constantin.stroescu Thanks for the screencast. basically what you showed is you export the schedule from revit to excel, then import back to the revit right? My issue is to create the schedule from the revit itself. I need to create the area schedule but in the vertical way like the one in the excel. What I understand right now, Revit don't allow to make schedule vertically.

I've I manage to extract the area but the schedule will be in horizontal.

MatSyaf_0-1663122105954.png

Message 8 of 11
MachielAEC

Yes, Revit does schedules horizontally.

The way I do it is to have the normal schedule that provides me with info and then I input those values into a Generic Annotation that represents the 'excel look'.

machiel_0-1663161799579.png

Machiel Odendaal
---BIM Enthusiast---
Message 9 of 11
Mat.Syaf
in reply to: MachielAEC

Interesting. How do you link paramaters in both schedule and generic annotation? For example, in the schedule, I have created a formula parameter which has formula that combine a few of parameter. How to import that parameter into the generic annotation?

Message 10 of 11
MachielAEC

Currently it's a manual thing, I only need to type this once or twice per project so no need to automate it.

If I had to do Automate it, I would look at using Dynamo that will transfer information between the 2, however this becomes more complicated as the information per project might look different.

So currently, it's not dynamic at all or automated.

Machiel Odendaal
---BIM Enthusiast---
Message 11 of 11
lim.wendy

Hi Asyraf,

Good day to you. It looks like our experts, Constantin and Machiel have provided you with an explanation on why Revit schedules horizontally and some workaround to transpose it. I am going to mark their response as "Possible Answers." This won't prevent other folks from commenting on this question though, in the event other ideas come up!

Remember to mark your posts as having an "Accepted Solution" if a solution is found as it helps other forum users with the same issue – so don't be shy about marking it as a solution! Accepted solutions get viewed more and help more users find the answer to their problems.

You could unmark the post as an accepted solution if the solution did not work. Click the ellipsis menu  > Not the Solution to cancel an accepted answer. 

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Rails Summit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report