Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create floor between irregular faces

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wietse.delclef4DDTA
469 Views, 1 Reply

Create floor between irregular faces

Hello,

I am trying to create a floor between the bottom of a parking lot roof and a fixed level below it.

This roof has a very irregular shape.

The reason I am doing this is to model the ground that has been excavated and calculate its volume.

I've attached a picture of the situation, I basically need to know the volume between this slab and a level below it. The building company requires that it has to be modeled as well. That's why I thought of modeling this as a floor.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

The image you provided is not very clear, can you zoom out and/or use different colors to further explain which piece is which? Is the portion in the middle with the slant downward the volume you are trying to calculate?

If you are trying to calculate the volume of a space shaped like a rectangular prism or a cube, you might use the Room tool, then enable the setting to calculate volume for in rooms. Or as you suggested, if you are calculating the volume of a solid (not a void such as a Room would calculate), you could use the Floor tool, then (as it appears in your image) use the Defines Slope check box on one of the sloped sides.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators