Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash Report

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
steve
243 Views, 4 Replies

Crash Report

I installed the latest r2022 patch.   Now I have had multiple crashes which can't be reported because the result is just a white screen, non-responsive to any input, waiting does not help, the only way out is to ctrl-alt-delete crash the program thus no report to autodesk possible.    This has happened when opening a 2nd rvt project to edit it, and when editing an in-place family.  It happened 3 times today.    No such problems before.  There does not appear to be any new patch on the autodesk desktop app.  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: steve

Message 3 of 5
steve

Thanks BarthBradley.     I think I'll turn to tech support from our revit reseller.   This is pretty awful.  A repeated complete crash and freeze of Revit 2022 after installing the hotfix for 2022.

I've already installed the 2022.0.1 hotfix.  It no longer appears in my Autodesk desktop app. I thought maybe i would just re-install in from this page (linked url)...   but that doesn't function:  when I clik the link on the left, it sort of spins and nothing happens (because I've already installed it?)   result is a dead end (linked video)

Not that it makes sense, but I've gone thru and updated all the Revit app links for 2022 that I don't use (generative design, Infraworks, MEP exchange, etc).

Here (linked jpg) is the RWSOD (revit white screen of death) that results from this new Revit proble.... Happened a 4th time yesterday, this time while I was closing one Revit project which should have resulted in the session being left to work in the 2nd opened project, a family I was customizing. RWSOD was the result:   no way out, no keyboard inputs will function during RWSOD, no amount of waiting helps.  Dead.    The only way out of the RWSOD is ctrl-alt-delete crash out.      As I said, this only happened after installing the R2022.0.1 Hotfix.    r2022 has been functioning fine for me for several months.  

Here (linked url) is what happens if I try to install from Adesk knowledge network..

Message 4 of 5
steve

Our reseller's tech support recommended disabling 3rd party apps.  I am trying that, plus auditing, combining phases that are unused into used ones, as 1st steps.   I will try and report back. 

Message 5 of 5
steve

Actions after Reseller tech support session: 

• archived the model using add-ins / e-transmit
  • audited the model.    In a BIM-360 model, it's the 3 dots to the right of file/open/cloud model...
  • disabled all add-ins which are not from Autodesk themselves

I have made it an entire day without the Revit White Screen of Death.  Promising.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators