Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cover and title block color accent Project Information Parameter

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Mike_Sanderson
206 Views, 1 Reply

Cover and title block color accent Project Information Parameter

We are rolling out a new look logo which has a different color variations.

I want to be able to change the logo color on the cover and all title blocks.

I planned to control the color with an integer in the Project Information so it changes across the entire job. But that does not work. The logo colors are simply different filled regions with visibility yes/no parameters, controlled by an integer parameter.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @Mike_Sanderson,

I faced a similar issue. The project info values can be shown in a titleblock, but they can't drive visibility of the titleblock elements themself.  It's used in a label and not on the elements directly, it's access is on a different level, and specially for Titleblocks.

I solved this in 2 ways depending on need.

1. use a global parameter and attach it in the project to the titleblock types in the project template, issue with this is that if new titleblock types are created, the type parameters of the new type also need to be linked to the project's global parameter.

2. For a logo, use a shared generic annotation family and place them in all titleblocks families (same type!) AND place that shared generic annotation type also in a startup sheet (or view) of the project. Now if that generic annotation type parameters are changed, it also changes in the Titleblock families. (Or tab-select the shared generic annotation in any placed titleblock and change values directly for all titleblocks)

- Michel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators