Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counting items in schedule twice, based on family name

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bueroboston
283 Views, 4 Replies

Counting items in schedule twice, based on family name

Hello,

I have a schedule of electrical equipment, specifically EV chargers and EV charger junction boxes servicing parking spaces. Some parking spaces have chargers, some have junction boxes, none have both. There are several types for each of these two families, one that serves two adjacent parking spaces, one that serves one adjacent parking space. So, in total, two families, each of which has two types, for a total of four types.

I want the total counts to reflect the number of spaces served. So, I want Revit to count Families that contain 'Double charger...' etc to multiple the count by two. Is this possible? I guess it's something like a conditional formula.

The alternative is counting the parking spaces rather than the chargers, which I may do in the end. Just curious if what I'm looking for above is possible.

Thanks!

Labels (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: bueroboston

You can't Filter the duplicates out of the Schedule? 

Message 3 of 5
mhiserZFHXS
in reply to: bueroboston

Add a shared parameter to the families for the vehicles served count, or however you want to name it. Make it an integer. Fill in the appropriate number for each type, and schedule that, instead of the quantity, (or addition to, if you want the number of chargers/junction boxes as well).

Message 4 of 5
bueroboston
in reply to: mhiserZFHXS

Brilliant! Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
bueroboston
in reply to: barthbradley

Sadly I was looking to create not duplicates, not remove them. Thanks though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators