Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corner Mullion Condition

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mbootsUJVFW
524 Views, 8 Replies

Corner Mullion Condition

I'm currently working on modelling an existing building with a number of unique corner conditions for mullions and interior storefront walls, i was wondering if there's a good or reliable way to model this type of mullion join condition: 

mullion condition.png 

The nearest i would assume i could get would be to use two different storefront walls and use one of the corner mullion types on the join, and make the second wall very, very short, but i feel like that isn't the correct or proper way to make it, and would be very buggy. Is there a better way to make this type of corner mullion, especially for buildings with lots of strange and unconventional angles?

Labels (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: mbootsUJVFW

Lcorner3.png

LCorner6.png

Message 3 of 9
barthbradley

@mbootsUJVFW wrote:

...very, very short, but i feel like that isn't the correct or proper way to make it...

Seems "correct" and "proper" to me.  That's the way I'd roll.  In this screenshot example, I end up with a tiny 1/16-inch extension. That's probably closer to the real life condition of the fabricated aluminum mullion than 0-inches would be.   😉

LCorner7.png

Message 4 of 9
handjonathan

Hi @mbootsUJVFW 

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   Has the solution suggested by @barthbradley helped with your issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you with more information so we can help you as a community! 

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Message 5 of 9
mbootsUJVFW
in reply to: barthbradley

No, this isn't correct... I'm not trying to join two different curtain walls, it's a curtain wall connecting to a standard wall. Hence, using corner mullions for the curtain wall doesn't work because the other wall isn't a curtain wall, and so the corners default to a 90° angle since there's no adjoining curtain wall.

mullion condition.png

I've considered in certain cases just making the other wall a curtain wall as well, but with no mullions and using the correct wall type as a panel instead, but I feel it might run into bugs with that method and lose functionality in other aspects.

Message 6 of 9
barthbradley

No issue here. 

CW2Wall1.png

CW2Wall2.png

Message 7 of 9
barthbradley

CW2Wall3.png

Message 8 of 9
mbootsUJVFW
in reply to: barthbradley

Is that a storefront wall connected to a standard wall, or a curtain wall connected to a curtain wall with a standard wall as its panel type? because every time i try to connect a storefront to a standard wall and change the mullion to a corner mullion, i get this error message:

Screenshot 2024-06-26 091034.png

Message 9 of 9
barthbradley

Does this screenshot help?  

LcornerX.png

LcornerX2.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report