Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corner Mullion Condition

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mbootsUJVFW
573 Views, 8 Replies

Corner Mullion Condition

I'm currently working on modelling an existing building with a number of unique corner conditions for mullions and interior storefront walls, i was wondering if there's a good or reliable way to model this type of mullion join condition: 

mullion condition.png 

The nearest i would assume i could get would be to use two different storefront walls and use one of the corner mullion types on the join, and make the second wall very, very short, but i feel like that isn't the correct or proper way to make it, and would be very buggy. Is there a better way to make this type of corner mullion, especially for buildings with lots of strange and unconventional angles?

Labels (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: mbootsUJVFW

Lcorner3.png

LCorner6.png

Message 3 of 9
barthbradley

@mbootsUJVFW wrote:

...very, very short, but i feel like that isn't the correct or proper way to make it...

Seems "correct" and "proper" to me.  That's the way I'd roll.  In this screenshot example, I end up with a tiny 1/16-inch extension. That's probably closer to the real life condition of the fabricated aluminum mullion than 0-inches would be.   😉

LCorner7.png

Message 4 of 9
handjonathan

Hi @mbootsUJVFW 

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   Has the solution suggested by @barthbradley helped with your issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you with more information so we can help you as a community! 

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Message 5 of 9
mbootsUJVFW
in reply to: barthbradley

No, this isn't correct... I'm not trying to join two different curtain walls, it's a curtain wall connecting to a standard wall. Hence, using corner mullions for the curtain wall doesn't work because the other wall isn't a curtain wall, and so the corners default to a 90° angle since there's no adjoining curtain wall.

mullion condition.png

I've considered in certain cases just making the other wall a curtain wall as well, but with no mullions and using the correct wall type as a panel instead, but I feel it might run into bugs with that method and lose functionality in other aspects.

Message 6 of 9
barthbradley

No issue here. 

CW2Wall1.png

CW2Wall2.png

Message 7 of 9
barthbradley

CW2Wall3.png

Message 8 of 9
mbootsUJVFW
in reply to: barthbradley

Is that a storefront wall connected to a standard wall, or a curtain wall connected to a curtain wall with a standard wall as its panel type? because every time i try to connect a storefront to a standard wall and change the mullion to a corner mullion, i get this error message:

Screenshot 2024-06-26 091034.png

Message 9 of 9
barthbradley

Does this screenshot help?  

LcornerX.png

LcornerX2.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report