Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Hatch Pattern Line Weights

67 REPLIES 67
SOLVED
Message 1 of 68
Anonymous
59552 Views, 67 Replies

Control Hatch Pattern Line Weights

Hello,

I found this being posted by number of people and a lot of answers marked as solutions. But they don't seem to work.

Hatch patterns seem to be understood as taking a default pen width 1. So While playing around for changing these hatch weights, I changed all pen 1 widths to 0.5mm, for all scales, in Manage > Settings > Additional Settings > Line Weights > Model Line Weights - Perspective Line Weights > Annotation Line Weights.

Nothing seems to change hatch pattern or cut surface pattern line weights. Could any sage help?

67 REPLIES 67
Message 21 of 68
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

As @ToanDN wrote, at least till Revit 2018, we cannot control material Hatch pattern line weights. Only Filled region Hatch pattern line weights can be controlled.

Message 22 of 68
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

As @ToanDN wrote, at least till Revit 2018, we cannot control material Hatch pattern line weights. Only Filled region Hatch pattern line weights can be controlled.

I would like to clarify that I don't know how to manipulate the Material hatch pattern line weights, but maybe someone else can.  It's not a definite NO 😉

Message 23 of 68
Anonymous

So just to be clear we can seperately adjust the lineweight of hatch patterns and borders (ie one thin, the other thick) of filled regions but we can't seperately do this with individual elements of a wall family? Or has any progress been made on this?

If we can't then how are we supposed to transition to Revit (from AutoCAD) when the printed output just cannot match that of AutoCAD. This seems like a huge hole in Revit's armoury.

Message 24 of 68
RobDraw

If your product is only the printed output, then yeah, AutoCAD should probably be your choice of platform.

Most of us have had to make some concessions in our printed output, but that doesn't mean that we can't still have high quality prints.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 25 of 68
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

Thanks, understand your point, but I was hoping for a more specific answer to my question. Can anyone help?

Message 26 of 68
RobDraw

Well, it seems the topic of this thread has been solved and your issue is not really related. You will get better attention to your issue by starting a new topic.

Good luck!

Rob

Message 27 of 68
Anonymous

Sorry, but what are you talking about? I was asking if any progress had been made on the very subject the OP posted. My question still stands if anyone can help. 

Message 28 of 68
ToanDN

Because the topic has been marked as Solved it doesn't get as much attention as a new one.

If you are talking about the individual patterns in an assembly wall then no, you cannot control the material fill pattern lineweight like you would with filled region.  Comparing it with AutoCAD is a bit unfair because in AutoCAD you do have to create the hatches manually.  You could do the same in Revit with drawing Fill regions manually to have the graphics of your liking but it defeats the strength of the program.

If you are talking about the lineweight of component lines within an assembly wall then there maybe ways around it.  Whether they are worth pursuing is up to each individual.  I find them such a waste of time but again I don't dictate others' graphics standards.

Message 29 of 68
Anonymous

The ability to change the color is available.  You could have 50 shades of grey.  lol  This might not be what you are looking for but overall can be used to produce noticeable variations.

Matthew

Message 30 of 68
Anonymous

Ok, thanks for the clear responses. Much appreciated. 

Now hoping Autodesk bring in that feature at some point. Would be genuinely useful and help to lift graphics standards even further. 

Message 31 of 68
fouad.ouahil
in reply to: kadmonkee

@kadmonkee wrote:

if you select the wall / edit type / Structure (edit button)

on the Materials column find the material you want to modify.

select the material button to bring you into the Material Browser

Material Edits.PNG

Material Patterns.PNG

when you select the cut pattern it is reading the Drafting fill pattern - duplicate and rename this and change the properties to a hevier line weight and apply it here.

any modifications you do here will effect all of your Model using this particular Material.

maybe duplicate and customize for testing 

Please can you delete your answer as there is no way to change hatch pattern PEN# for materials neither on drafting or model hatching.

I was confused about that and looked over and over again but you only can change the scale which can affect the line spacing,

Yes you can change the filled region hatch PEN# but there is no such option in materials cut or surface hatching.

Thank you in advanced.

Message 32 of 68
Haneenalbow

I don't have an option in the edit wall type dialog box called ( fill pattern line weights) 

Message 33 of 68
geertfilippini1

All hatch patterns of 3d items are controlled by lineweight 1 under the tab Manage -> additional settings > lineweights -> lineweight 1. Here you can control the lineweight of hatch patterns for different scales.

Message 34 of 68
jsanders
in reply to: geertfilippini1

Hello I have the same problem as OP, I want to change thickness of a cut pattern of a wall. From what I've seen it looks like it's impossible.

I really think that Revit should enable us to change the thickness of the lines inside a cut pattern.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Onward still he goes, Yet ne'er looks forward further than his nose ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Message 35 of 68
RobDraw
in reply to: jsanders

@jsanders wrote:

I really think that Revit should enable us to change the thickness of the lines inside a cut pattern.

There is a forum for your IDEA.

Rob

Message 36 of 68
jsanders

You mean the Revit Forum, the one we are in know ?

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Onward still he goes, Yet ne'er looks forward further than his nose ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Message 37 of 68
RobDraw

@jsanders wrote:

You mean the Revit Forum, the one we are in know ?

No, wise guy, the Revit IDEAS forum.

Rob

Message 38 of 68
jsanders

In that case maybe it would have been "wiser" to add the link in your initial post 😉

And also this thread pops up in top results when you type "change thickness pattern revit"

Message 39 of 68
RobDraw

@jsanders wrote:

In that case maybe it would have been "wiser" to add the link in your initial post

Do you want me to do your homework, too?

Rob

Message 40 of 68
jsanders

Yes, if you can change the thickness of a cut pattern please do my work I would love to. Autodesk has decided to not make this feature possible and so we will never be able to control the thickness of our walls patterns.

I don't know if you're exactly a moderator of this forum but you should act like one 😉 I would advise you next time to simply send a private message instead of replying out of context, you are making the discussion sterile.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report