Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contourlines not at whole meters when relocating project/changing elevation

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
anders84SVC
359 Views, 6 Replies

Contourlines not at whole meters when relocating project/changing elevation

Hi!

I am having an issue regarding contourlines vs relocate project.

I am work on a project where it is neccesary to change the elevation of the entire building and toposurface down by 14800mm.

The most rational way to do this seems to be to use the "relocate project" tool, which will not mess up the model and views, which is the case when manually selecting av moving everything up/down.

Relocate project works fine as long as spot elevation is changed to elevationbase is changed to survey point, as it seems like revit moves surveypoint up when I move the project down with " relocate project"

The only problem is that the countourlines at toposurface is no longer placed at every whole meter but at a elevation corresponding to the change made with " relocate project".  This makes the conourlines  useless when reading the drawings.

It is obvious that toposurface reads from internal origin and not the survey point. I have (before relocating) placed survey and project basepoint at the internal origin and they both read 0.0.0. After relocating/in my case lowered the project 14800mm, the surveypoint reads 0.0.0 while project basepoint reads 0.0.-14800. In section the internal origin is shown at the same hight as project basepoint.

As far as I can see the internal  origin is fixed. What is the workarround/correct approach to get the contourlines to display at every whole meter from my "new 0"?

Thanks in advance 

Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: anders84SVC

Instead of using Relocate project, unclip the Survey Point and move it up 14800 mm.  Nothing else needs be changed.

Misunderstood question. Ignore the below:

Change Elevation base of Contour Labels type?

ToanDN_1-1627677264856.png

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
anders84SVC
in reply to: ToanDN

Hi, thanks for quick reply!
Changing elevation base of contour labels type will not change the placement of the countourlines it self wich is the problem.
Message 4 of 7
ToanDN

These contours are still at the whole dimensions relative to the Project Base Point.  is that what you want?

ToanDN_0-1627678712165.png

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
barthbradley

The Elevations shown for Points inside Sketch-Mode of Toposurface are relative to the Internal Origin of the Project, but those Point Elevations have no bearing on Spot Elevations and Contours Labels, which are relative to their Elevation Base (e.g. Survey Point of Project Base Point).  Nor do those Points' Elevation have any significance outside of Sketch Mode.  If you've been told to move your whole Model down (e.g. Relocate Project), I would wonder what you are moving it in Relationship to.  Is it supposed to be 14800 lower in relation to the Project Base Point, or is it supposed to be 14800 lower than the the Survey Point?  If both the PBP and SP are to remain the same, what's the point in Relocating the Project?  If the purpose is to affect  the reading of the Spot Elevations and Contour Labels, then just move the CLIPPED Survey Point down 14800 and set your Elevation Base for Spot Elevations and Contour Labels to Survey Point. If your current Contour Labels are correct (before the move), then there would be nothing to do (e.g. no need to Relocate the Project).       

Message 6 of 7
barthbradley

@anders84SVC wrote:

...problem is that the countourlines at toposurface is no longer placed at every whole meter...

This is where to go to make those kind of adjustments: 

Site Settings 10.png

Message 7 of 7
RDAOU

@anders84SVC wrote:

The most rational way to do this seems to be to use the "relocate project" tool, which will not mess up the model and views, which is the case when manually selecting av moving everything up/down.

Relocate project works fine as long as spot elevation is changed to elevationbase is changed to survey point, as it seems like revit moves surveypoint up when I move the project down with " relocate project"

The only problem is that the countourlines at toposurface is no longer placed at every whole meter but at a elevation corresponding to the change made with " relocate project".  This makes the conourlines  useless when reading the drawings.

@anders84SVC 

How about you do the opposite for the Contour Lines label and change its Elevation Base to Relative instead of Survey Point...

Contour Label.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators