Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constrain Family And Rotate With Parameter

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Hugh_Compton
3460 Views, 2 Replies

Constrain Family And Rotate With Parameter

Hello

I need to constrain a handle to a butterfly valve and add a parameter for rotating the handle angle.  I can't achieve this as when I constrain the handle to the valve the handle will not rotate without breaking the positional constraints.

Help!

I've tried looking at the door swing posts but they don't use circular objects and I can't get them to work for my valve.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

see if it works...at me it rotates.....I have remade the Reference Line, attached the start point to the two reference plane that defines origin , apply the angle parameter and then attach the ax of the object to the reference line and position the center of circle on intersection of those reference planes....you did the same....maybe somwere was a overconstraint...that's why I prefered to do it again rather than checking the existing...

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

I can see the family flex as expected. But I can not recreate the same situation with the valve file provided. Can you please make a screen cast of that and attach the video here?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

Autodesk Design & Make Report